-96-: New Adventures

Start from the beginning

Ariana thanks him and she begins to dive into her pancakes. She notices that Harry was constantly checking his phone, something important probably. "Something wrong, Haz?" She asks him, causing hie eyes to go wide.

He smiles. "Well, I was going to wait, but I had brought you a gift for tonight." he says. Harry takes a seat next to her and he pulls out a small rectangle box from his shorts. Ariana looks at him strangely before she opens up the box, revealing a locket. "I know that it's not the exact same, but I thought that it was pretty close." he says as tears fill her eyes. Opening up the locket, she sees the same photos of her grandma that was in her old locket. "It's perfect Harry." She thanks bin while hugging him tightly. Harry soon makes his way to the front door. "Well," he says smiling. "I did have some help." the door opens, and her parents swiftly walk in. They all form a group hug.
———————
*At the release party*

Standing behind the curtain of the stage, she notices that the venue filling up quickly, friends and some family members take their seats in front of the small stage. She notices the four reserved seats up front that aren't filled.

Ariana sighs, filling silly for inviting them. "They're all pretty busy right now." She thinks to herself, trying to come up with an excuse for them not being here. Harry walks over to her, putting a hand on her back. "They might just be late, love." he says, trying to comfort her.

Ariana appreciates the words, but she just knows the truth. I nods her head slightly to him and gets ready to go in front of her peers.

Walking out to the stage, she was greeted by clapping. She thanks them all for coming. Taking one last glance at the empty seats, she begins her speech. "Who would've thought that we'd be here right now? It's just amazing to think that years ago I was just that young girl trying to achieve her dreams, and here I am today. I would like to thank my family, friends, the record label, and of course the four people that made me who I am today. Louis, Zayn, Liam, Niall and Harry, my four brothers and my one true love. Thank you all again." she finishes.

Walking off the stage, she is hugged by multiple guests. The album soon starts to play over the speakers in the background. Food and alcohol is then distributed to the guests.

She looks at the projected images that took her spot on the stage. It shows a timer counting down till the album is released. The timer shows that there is about two hours until "Yours Truly" is released. She looks around in the room, trying to find their faces. Being unsuccessful, she grabs a drink from the table near her. She reminded herself not to drink too many until the album is released. She quickly finished the drink and find a spot to sit next to her mom, dad and brother.

"I thought that the rest of the boys were coming?" her father asks her. Ariana nodded. "Yeah, I mean that they were supposed to. It's not a big deal." She states to the table. Ariana's mother takes a quick note of her picking at the skin around her fingernails, she grabs one of her hands and turns towards her. "I think it is." she states. "I'm sure that they'll show up, dear." Ariana nods back to her and begins to enjoy her night.

"Five," the crowd starts to count down. "Four," they said as Ariana looks at them from the stage. "Three," is shouted at her. "Two," She says back with them. "One," and with that, her first album is released to the public. Cheers erupt in the venue, but Ariana's just too busy looking for those faces. She instead made eye contact with Harry who was just sadly shaking his head. Truth settles within Ariana and she pushes her pain down. She then goes around and thanks everyone. The party then dies after about an hour of celebrating.
———————
*After the party*

"How could they do this to me? I understand one of them not coming, but all four of them?" I can't tell if my pain is talking or the alcohol.

"Love, I'm sure that they would've came if they could." a sweet Harry says to her. Ariana just nods, unsure of what to say. A random ring alerts the both of them, their doorbell is being pushed by someone. Harry and Ariana go downstairs together, thinking that it's her parents needing something. Harry opens the door to reveal three of the four people who were missing tonight. Ariana makes eye contact with them, but quickly turns around and heads back to their bedroom.
——————
Harry's POV

I watch her rush back up the stairs. I don't entirely blame her. I let the lads inside the house and lead them to the living room. We all take a seat on the couch, waiting for a conversation to start. "Where were you guys?" I simply asked them. They all exchange looks before Niall speaks. "We actually were already in town, we got a hotel room together. But thought that it would be weird for us to show up. We had decided last minute to come, but it was already too late." he says.

I rub my hands over my face. I understand both sides, but I just can't not defend Ariana. I sigh before speaking to the group. "She spent the whole time looking for you guys. I don't think that she actually celebrated. I haven't seen her that sad in forever." I say sadly to the group. Heads drop in front of me and silence takes over the group for a couple minutes.

A crash takes all of us out of our thoughts. We each stand up and rush upstairs towards the sound. I reach out to turn the bedroom door handle, but soon learn that it's locked. Nervously, I reach up to knock on the door. "Ari love, are you alright?" I am met with silence. More crashes take place, making me wince. I don't know what she's doing, but I know that she's angered. Louis slightly pushes me out of the way. He proceeds to knock on the door. "Ari," he starts. "Can you open the door, love?" Silence overtakes the other side of the door.
————
Ariana's POV

A deep voice pulls me out my destructive rampage. "No, it isn't him." I say quietly. Being carful of the glass, I walk up towards the door. "Come on love, we just want to talk." a familiar voice says. "Loubear?" I speak through the door. Sighs happen before a response is given. "Yeah it's me, Ariana. Can you let us in?" I unlock the door and let them in. The group takes a look at the bedroom before them. I begin to reach down and pick up the small shards of glass that cover the wooden floor before my feet. Harry reaches out to stop me. "Why don't you all go downstairs and I'll clean this up so no one gets hurt?" he asks. We all nod and head back downstairs.

I sit on the small couch across from the boys. Alexandria was put in her crib hours ago before Harry and I have come back home. No has dared to even speak since we sat down. Niall's cough clears the air, causing me to finally speak. "I needed you guys tonight." I started to the three men. "I needed you... and you weren't even there."

Hurt takes over their faces as tears make their way slowly down my face. Louis was the first to speak. "We're all sorry, Ari. We know that it doesn't fix anything. But, tell us what to do." I take a deep breath before addressing to the group. "That's the thing. I don't think that there's anything that you can do. I thought that since we are a family, that you were my older brothers." I manage to say.

After a few minutes of silence besides sniffling, Harry walks downstairs. He begins to ask about the conversation that happened while he was gone. Louis fills him in. "How about we all just sleep on it?" You boys are in town for the next two days, right?" he asks the group, receiving nods from the other three. The boys soon stand up, walking near Harry and I. Harry wraps me in a right hug, causing tears to spring in my eyes again. I take in the familiar smell that I haven't smelt in months and a few years.

After letting go, Niall soon grabs me into a famous Horan hug. Swaying me back and forth, whispering how sorry that he is. Finally, Louis pulls me into a hug, rubbing my back like usual. Before letting go, he speaks. "It doesn't have to be tonight or tomorrow, but when you're ready to forgive us, if you do, we'll be here." he says then he kisses my forehead.
—————
Harry's POV

the next day

The bright light shining in the bedroom wakes me up from my slumber. I reach over to find the bed empty. This causes me to get up. I search upstairs for her, but end up going downstairs.

I find her standing in the dining room, holding a cup of coffee. Her brunette hair messily clinging to her face, and the random shirt of me that she put on last night. I notice that she just seems to be looking out of the window, almost staring at the outdoors before her.

She speaks, letting me know that she felt my presence. "They don't like it." I walk closer to her, while asking. "Who?" I ask. She begins to go into depth about a percentage of the old fans that don't like her new style of music. "They just want the old band back." she says sadly to the glass in front of her.

"It's alright, Ari. We just need to give them time." I say softly to her. She sighs. "But they didn't do this to Zayn or you. Only me." She speaks. I shake my head and hug her from behind.