-91-: Ariana goes into early labor

"Call me if you need anything. I'll have my phone on vibrate and I'll have my ringtone on at all times." Harry said grabbing his coat.

"Babe, I'm fine. Anne's here with me and I don't think our baby girl is coming anytime soon. The Braxton Hicks are as normal as they've ever been."

"Go have fun, Harold. Don't let the thought of labor destroy the release for your album." Anne said reassuringly.

"Okay mum." He smiled and looked towards Ariana.

"And I'll see you soon." Harry kissed Ariana's lips and her bump earning kicks from their daughter.

"Oh yeah and don't forget about this." Ariana handed him a bag of a change of clothing. "Just in case."

Ariana and Anne said goodbye to Harry. It was December 19, 2017, Harry's first solo album was a couple of months ago. He threw a release party to celebrate with his team and close friends that lived in the area. The night was filled with laughter and memory sharing. It was soon 10pm and the two of you were wide awake. Anne got up to refill her glass of wine when Ariana felt a pain that felt different from the Braxton Hicks. You put her hands on top of her bump as another pain came, making her inhale sharply through her teeth.

"Anne?" Ariana said, grabbing her sweater that she'd taken off a little bit ago.

"Yes darling, what is it?" She came around the corner and put her glass of wine on the table.

"I think I'm having Braxton Hicks but they hurt differently."

"What do you mean by that."

"I mean that it's almost like a pressure like pain."

"Alright. Let's see if they go away when you eat."

Ariana nodded and got up having the feeling of just peeing herself. She walked a couple of more steps before something started to trail down your leg. Anne had already gone into the kitchen to prepare something for her. As gross as it was, Ariana reached into her pants and felt the substance. It most definitely wasn't urine.

Another contraction pain came over her, causing more of the goop to come out. Ariana took her hand out from her pants and looked at her fingers.

"Try eating thi-" Anne stopped in her tracks. "Oh my god. Ariana, I think your mucus plug just went.

"W-what?" Ariana started to get scared. "What's a mucus plug?"

"Don't worry. It's a natural thing that happens when your body gets itself ready for labor. That means you have at least a week before this little girl comes. You and Harry have time."

"Why is it so bloody?"

"Some mucus plugs are like that. I was the same way with Gemma." She put down the plate of food. "I'll get a bath going. It's quite gross to sit in it. Maybe go wash your hands so that it doesn't get anything messy."

Ariana washed her hands then joined Anne upstairs. She'd drawn her a bath as Ariana settled into the warm water. She'd brung her the plate of food that she'd prepared earlier.

"I'll be downstairs if you need anything." She smiled and left.

Over the course of time that you were in the tub Ariana started to get random contractions varying in different levels of pain. She'd never experienced this before in the Braxton Hicks.

Harry had texted Ariana, making sure you were okay. Ariana had told him that her mucus plug had went but it was nothing to worry about and that her or Anne would call him if anything was wrong or happen. Once ten minutes had passed, Anne got Ariana out of the tub and into bed. The pains wouldn't stop coming back. That was one red flag since the false contractions would sometimes stop around the time Ariana and Harry went to bed. She couldn't get to bed so she went downstairs to the kitchen. Standing up seemed to have made them worse. She bent over the counter top to breathe through one of the pains.

"Are you okay, dear? What's wrong."

"This pain just won't go away." Ariana cried. "It just hurts too much."

"Have you been timing them?"

"What?"

"Have you been timing them? If they're a certain amount of time apart and lasting for a certain amount of time, then you're in labor and I'll need to get you to a hospital."

"Yeah I have. They're about ten minutes apart and lasting for about almost a minute."

"Okay. We're gonna stay here until they reach five minutes. That's when we should go."

Ariana nodded as the contraction came to an end.

About half an hour had passed and the pain had gotten worse. It was all good until Ariana had a gut feeling that was telling her to go to the hospital immediately.