-87-: False contractions

It was just like any ordinary day. Harry had the day off from the studio since he'd gotten the week off to spend time with Ariana.

"Hey babe, I'm running out to the store to get some things for dinner. Do you need anything?"  He put on his jacket.

"Can you just get some sour candy? Sour patch kids would be preferable."

Ariana rubbed her bump as Harry placed his hand on it and kissed her lips. He kissed her bump and left to go get food for later. Ariana was making herself a sandwich when a sudden sharp pain stabbed her. She grabbed the edge of the counter. The pain slowly increased as you reached for her phone. Right before you pressed Harry's contact, he walked through the door.

"Harry!" Ariana screamed out, gripping the counter.

He ran into the kitchen and put down the grocery bags. He put one hand on Ariana's back and another grabbed her hand.

"Hey, hey, hey. Ari, babe. What's wrong?"

"I-I-I..... I think it's time. But it's too soon."

"You're right but it's okay, I'll be with you through it all."

Harry got Ariana in the car and drove to the hospital. The pain was coming in waves and even when it wasn't getting worse, it wasn't getting better either. Ariana got checked in and given a room. She clasped her hands together on her forehead and gritted her teeth through the pain. Harry sat beside her with his head in his hands.

"Haz." Ariana whined.

"I'm right here. I'm right here." He held onto Ariana's hand and kissed her on the lips.

"I'm scared. What if we lose her?." Ariana asks, starting to cry.

"I don't think we will. Though I promise you that if that does happen, I'll stay right here with you." He squeezed Ariana's hand and placed a kiss onto the back of her hand.

Soon a nurse came in to talk to Ariana and Harry.

"Don't worry, you aren't loosing your kid. What you're experiencing right now is called 'Phantom Contractions' which are also called Braxton Hicks contractions."

"What are those exactly? Are they harmful to 0ur daughter?" Harry asked in Ariana's favor.

"No she isn't. Braxton Hicks contractions are contractions to help prepare your body for the real laboring process. Which also means that labor contractions are more painful then these one that your experiencing right now."

"How am I able to tell the real contractions to these contractions?" Ariana asked, holding her bump.

"Eat something. If you eat and they go away then they're phantom contractions. If the contractions are real then they won't go away when you eat, I've had some women say that the contractions get stronger depending on what they eat."

Ariana exhaled as her and Harry talked with the nurse some more about getting the things you needed for the birth. Ariana and Harry were then discharged from the hospital. Harry drove them home and walked her into the house and placed her on the couch. He made sure that she was comfortable before bringing down a pen and paper.

"What's this babe?" Ariana asked.

"I was thinking about what the nurse said and that we could start on the hospital bag after this bad scare that we had. You know just in case you actually go into labor."

"Good idea, babe."

Ariana snuggled into Harry's arm as he started to write things down. Every once and a while you'd get the contractions. You and Harry then went upstairs to pack the bag. Alexandria had woken up and was moving around making Ariana uncomfortable. Harry noticed how uncomfortable you were and started a bath for her.

"Thanks Harry. This one is quite the mover."

"No problem, baby girl. It's the least I can do.
You're carrying our little girl in there." He poked her stomach and their little girl kicked in the place where he poked. "She love her dada already." He laughed.

"Any daughter of mine would love to have you as a dad. Such a gentleman." Ariana kissed him on the lips and got into the tub.

Ariana put her hair into a bun and leaned back.

She heard a click and looked back to see Harry with his camera. She smiled and laughed.

"Always have that camera out, don't you?"

Harry blushed and rubbed the back of his neck. "Well yeah I guess. It's a new hobby I picked up."

"I love you Haz. Just don't get my chest. I don't want my nipple to show." Ariana laughed.

       "I love you too, baby girl." He kissed Ariana's forehead and got out a bag. "Alright let's get packing."

       "Okay, but you're doing most of the packing. I'm in a ton of pain cause of these fake contractions." Ariana moved her weight to sit on her butt and laid your head down as she breathed.

"As long as you're not uncomfortable I'll just pack."

Ariana nodded as you focused on getting through the pain. Harry managed to pick out the best clothing for before and after birth attire. When Harry got you out, Ariana had put on one of his sweaters and a pair of leggings.

"Hey babe, come see the picture that I took of you." Harry said.

"Alright." Ariana waddled over to him and looked at the picture. "Can I have it? I wanna post it."

"Yeah sure."

Harry transferred you the picture and Ariana posted it.

Ariana put the caption as: I can't wait for my special blessings with my lover ❤️ @harrystyles You put the caption as: I can't wait for my special blessings with my lover ❤️ @harrystyles

You put the caption as: I can't wait for my special blessings with my lover ❤️ @harrystyles

Over the next few days, the false contractions would come and go. Harry would always be by Ariana's side, watching and being observant of how she was dealing with the pain.