FIFTEEN

"So? You and Nance? Are you guys official or?"

You took a bite out of your sandwich, as you and Robin sat in your office's cafeteria. All your coworkers were chatting away, laughing, some stressed while still making phone calls, but those were departments you would never think of doing yourself in your life. Sales. Recruiting. You're glad you have the editor job because the work pressure is not huge, but it is very important and has to be done perfectly.

"I mean it's been, what, a month? I still think it's too soon..." Robin sighed as she took a bite out of her pasta. You gulped your food down, taking a long sip of your diet coke, looking at your best friend who had a sad look on her face.

"But you guys are exclusive to each other already." You commented because that's what she had indeed told you two weeks ago. She told you that Nance and her, established that they are only hooking up with each other, no one else.

"Yeah I know, but we're just having sex, and it's fun!" You could see the forced smile on your friend's face and you giggled as she sighed in defeat, slumping back down on her seat.

"Yeah, but you don't want just the fun Robs. What are you afraid of?" And Robin kept her gaze on her plate, twirling the pasta on the plastic below, not lifting it up to take a bite. You knew why she was scared, she didn't really need to tell you.

"It started like that with Vickie. What if it happens again? What if I... misinterpret things? Again?" You sighed at that, reaching out to hold her hand in yours in a reassuring manner.

"I can tell that you are not Robs... Nance gets all giggly when you kiss her cheek... I think she is waiting for you to make the move." At your words, Robin just squeezed your hand with a small smile on her face. "It will be okay, I promise."

"If I end up heartbroken, I'm coming for your ass." You laughed as you let go of her hand, resting back in your chair.

"You won't. And you have to remember, Eddie's best friend's with Nancy and–"

"And you talk to him almost every fucking day now, and so you have information."

You frowned at that with a pout on your lip. Robin wasn't saying that with venom. She was saying it to tease you really. She found it amusing how quickly you and Eddie turned your relationship from hate to almost an unbreakable friendship.

"I– We don't talk every day." And as if on cue, your phone vibrated, a small ting sound informing you that you had been sent something and Robin only rolled her eyes with a shake of her head. "It might be someone else."

"Really? Open it."

You winced at your best friend's order. You knew it was him. You knew he was probably sending you an update on his employee Gareth and how he is freaking out because he thinks Jeff is flirting with him... when it's all a made-up joke between Eddie and Jeff.

You told him many times to quit it, that Gareth would end up scarred because of it, but Eddie dismissed it because he pranked him once as well, never telling you with what. You assumed Eddie just made a fool out of himself, that's why he promised to never say a word to you about that.

You slowly raised your phone and unblocked to see Eddie's message pop up. You took a deep breath in, showing the screen to Robin, only for her to scoff and roll her eyes. You looked back at the screen and it was a message from him reminding you that he has to take a look at the oil tank of your car.

"It's just about my car." You excused yourself with that, even though you knew that you two don't talk just about that. Yesterday he told you that his uncle managed to get up from bed after many days of being unable to do so. The other day you told him about a great orange deal you found around the corner of your apartment building.