FOURTEEN

It's been... excruciating.

The past two weeks you spent them locked up and you have asked to work remotely at home. Your boss of course insisted that you need the time off, that she completely understood your position, and your emotions always come first.

You told her about Billy.

You told her how Billy was not in favor of Same-sex marriage, and adoption. He wasn't in favor of Betas being able to be single parents either. If that information were to get out, the company would be targeted as unethical, and that's not at all Liana's principles. The company is completely in favor of the people's wants and needs.

You really didn't want to rat Billy out, because this meant that his opportunities would be lost, and it wasn't done so you could spite him for his personal views. You just couldn't keep working with someone who is against what your friends want, what your friends ambition to have. Jonathan and Steve want children of their own, and if the laws don't let that happen, they will never have the family they strive for.

So Liana immediately called Ralph to look for another publishing company.

At first, he was crazed, yelling at her through the phone until she finally told him she knew about Billy's facade about the same-sex marriage riots. Ralph was silent on the other end of the phone, and in three days, the contract was done with, and the company had nothing to do anymore with Billy Hargrove.

Now you, it's a different story. You've been miserable. You could feel him everywhere, remembering him on your bed, laughing with each other, smiling like idiots as you told stories about one another's lives. How he would cook for you and sometimes spoil you with gifts even if you told him you didn't need any of it.

You wished you hadn't noticed certain things that didn't sit right with you. How he acted with your friends at first, how he would scrunch up his nose when you told him things you liked and he didn't. How jealous you found out he was when he met Eddie. How you fought sometimes for very stupid things, like him not looking after his mess, or not caring about your thoughts about his friends and still dragging you to hang out with them.

So you stayed in. You couldn't even go to work because you couldn't look at that stupid closet for a good while. The closet that started it all. You know you have to move on from this, but it's not easy, not after what you've been through before. It's hard enough to trust someone into your life that way, imagine being vulnerable and let yourself fall in love with them.

You're glad those feelings didn't reach Billy. The bomb exploded, a little anticipated thankfully.

You have also neglected the group, telling them you needed time to cool off, to let it all sink before trying to go to their house, or them coming over because you just wouldn't be yourself, and you would put the whole group down with your mood. The last thing you want and need is to also feel like a nuisance with your friends.

So, better keep it to yourself. You will get through with it alone, like you always have, with everything. There's no need to bother others with this, not with the mood you have been handling for the past few days. You didn't talk with anyone, Robin, Nancy, Eddie, Jonathan... No one, not even a tik tok or meme.

It was food, work, sleep, repeat. A shower here and there, and you knew it was wrong but it's just your head playing a bad pass on you. You had been afraid of falling again, of it going wrong, but you thought it might be different, you really thought it would– Only for it to come crashing down as fast as it started.

How can you even begin to think that there is a chance everything will be fine later on? Will you ever find a destined one? If there is any at all? And with the laws, as they still are, your dream of a family is just–