SIX

"He's not coming again?" You heard Nancy exclaim angrily as she took her phone out and started typing away with her fingers. You bit your lip nervously as you side eyed Robin and whispered to her.

"I can leave, I mean, I already had drinks with you guys yesterday–" Steve heard you from across the table and shook his head and then directed his head towards Nancy.

"He is a big boy. She seems to have bigger balls than him because she actually dares to face him after their fight." A sense of pride surged in your chest, but honestly you dreaded Eddie's appearance. You could always ignore him, and that's what you planned to do in case he did show up, but for the second night in a row, he didn't, and you knew it was because of you.

"I know! That's why I am trying to make him come down here!" Nancy spat as she stared at the phone and let out a loud scoff, slamming it face down, her eyes going directly to you. "You are not going anywhere, if he wants to be a baby, so be it." You were actually surprised that Nancy was taking your side, as well as Steve, who were the closest with Eddie.

"But, I mean, I can risk a night out–" And that's when Robin stopped you from talking, swaying her beer around with a frown in her face.

"Don't. He has to put the big boy panties on at some point." You looked down at your beer and sighed, taking a sip of it. You were all sitting in the same booth as you always do, and the reason for going out for drinks two nights in a row, was because Jonathan was having anniversary happy hours. His bar opened two years ago, and he is celebrating with a full week of discounted drinks, which was getting him a really big clientele.

"Don't think too much about it." Steve says to you and Argyle nods next to him, taking a sip of his beer.

"Yah, that dude can be pretty hard headed when he wants to be. But he always comes around." He says with a nod and you sigh, looking at him.

"Argy, sweetheart, I don't know if you remember, but coming around this is not something I am hopeful for or want. We despise each other. I thought that was clear." You said while looking at Argyle who was smirking while staring at you.

"There is a fine line in between Hate and Love, brochacha." You winced at that, shaking your head at him.

"Hell no Argyle. The day Eddie Munson and I become friends, it's because one of us lost their mind, or both." You explain and it was Robin's turn to roll her eyes with a giggle in her lips.

"Oh come on, everyone remembers your googly eyes at him when you first met him. Attraction never goes away." As she was saying that you had the fantastic idea to take a sip out of your beer, only to be spat slightly at the word 'Attraction'.

"Jesus!" Steve yelped, moving away to not get any beer on his polo shirt.

"Sorry, Steve, but Robin, what the fuck?" You exclaimed, feeling a certain not in the pit of your stomach start to form. You did look at Eddie that night, it was hard not to, he just simply stuck out like a sore thumb out of the bunch.

"I think the two of you just need to fuck your hate away." She said this time with another sip of her beer. You knew she was getting drunk now, but to say those things about a man who made your life a living hell the past year? It was too much.

"I prefer to eat a raw unpeeled sea urchin than think of Munson's dick, thank you very much." You said taking a big sip out of your beer. You heard a big sigh on your side as Nancy put the phone down from her ear, and you knew that she listened to an audio message, probably from Eddie.

Even if your friends were defending your honor basically, you couldn't help but feel like a nuisance. You felt like you were a splinter, just poking and bothering whenever it pleases. You didn't want the group to be on bad terms, even if you knew all of them saw Eddie outside these gatherings, you still couldn't shake the feeling of him being cast aside because of your quarrel.