TWELVE

It started out of a pure mistake.

Your phone dinged with a notification from Instagram, a direct message from... You looked at the screen with an eyebrow raised up in confusion as you saw Eddie's username and then 'sent a video'. You haven't talked privately with him since Jonathan's. Why would he send you a video? You put down your glass of wine on the counter and opened the message to see he sent you a meme.

You snorted loudly when it was a compilation of screaming cats with screamo voices from metal bands. At the third cat you threw your head back in laughter and then another ding caught your attention, getting out of the video with a smile on your face, small giggles escaping you as you kept remembering the screams.

"I DIDN'T MEAN TO SEND IT TO YOU"

That explains a lot. You snorted again as you double tapped the video to give it a like, to then reply back to him.

"I laughed so I forgive you 😆"

"Oh, so does it mean we have the same sense of humor Peach?"

"Don't get your hopes up Munson."

But the asshole was right, and the memes he sent to you made you laugh each time, and it came very apparent that you two did share the same sense of humor. You sent a few memes back to him, and then it was a back and forth thing, just memes being exchanged.

So now, you were giggling after a full week of just sharing videos with Eddie as you stirred the onions on your pan to start preparing lunch. You had the wooden spoon on one hand, and the other was holding your phone as you looked at the new video Eddie sent you with the words 'This was us.' And it was a video of two corgis just barking at one another aggressively and non stop, one on the couch, the other on the floor.

Spot on.

"What are you laughing about?" You heard Billy ask as he walks into the room with just a pair of sweatpants on, drying his hair with the towel, shaking it all over his curls. You turned your head as you kept giggling, showing the video to him.

"My friend sent me a funny video." You say and the word friend sounds quite too much for someone like Eddie Munson, but it would be difficult to explain the relationship to Billy. Your boyfriend leans to see what you were showing to him only for him to tilt his head in confusion and then back at you.

"Why are they being that aggressive with each other?" Right, he doesn't know the context of why you were laughing, so you put the phone away as you shook your head.

"It's just funny to me." You reply to him and in all honesty, Billy and you didn't share the same sense of humor. He liked... dark humor. You weren't going to deny that one joke here and there made you giggle or snort, but he liked heavy dark humor, and about topics that didn't make you that comfortable, mostly about ho–

"Oh, you're making pasta baby?" He asks with a smile to his face as his arms wrap around your waist from behind and you feel like melting under his touch, a smile spreading on your lips.

"Yes I am." You say proudly to him, and he nods as he puts his chin on your right shoulder as you keep steering the onions on the pan, waiting for them to turn into a golden color.

"My friends loved you by the way." Your breathing hitched slightly at that. You met his friends yesterday at one of their luxurious apartments, and it was just a few people, not that many, and you were happy to see Billy expressing himself with his friends and to see him in that new light. You were sort of relieved you had caused an impression on them...

Even if they didn't cause one on you.

Billy's friends were really narcissistic. Everytime you said something about your job, they always repeated the same thing: 'You wouldn't have it if we didn't model'.