TWO

"Sweetheart, you don't have to go..." Your mother protested, tears running down her face as she looked at how you were stuffing your suitcases. You sniffled, the tears running down your face, even after two months had gone by, after everything turned upside down in your life, in your perfectly organized life.

"I have to– I can't– I can't stay here. I can't stay with these memories Ma. I can't." You sobbed as you put one of your shirts in your suitcase, followed by a stuffed bunny plushie from your childhood. You didn't want to leave, you really didn't, but what choice did you have? It is a small town, everyone knows everything about everyone, and you cannot stand being here another day longer.

"I know, I know, it was hard darling..." Your mother said as she sniffled again, covering her mouth to swallow her sobs and you simply shook your head in disbelief as you closed the suitcase.

"Hard doesn't even begin to describe it... It doesn't even compare." You sat on the bed, your hands over your face to sob into them. The despair you felt inside, the loneliness of it all was ripping you from inside out. You were happy, two months ago, and now you cannot wait to move on, do a restart in your mind and body, forget about everything else, forget about Atlanta and the people in it.

Your mother, your sweet mother, sat next to you, putting a hand on your back, soothing you, or trying to. Your head found her shoulder easily, sobbing there as he held you close to her.

"We'll always be here if you need us... We're a call away, and some hours of driving. You don't have to be afraid of anything my dove." She caressed your head, gently, her own sobs filling the room, going in the same beat as yours.

You opened your eyes with a gasp, your breathing slightly heavy, as if panting and you felt moisture in your cheeks. You raised your hand up to rub onto your flesh, noticing you had cried in your sleep. Great. Fantastic.

It's been a year, yet those memories keep coming into your mind. Memories that altered your way of living all together. Memories that hurt you in the deepest of your heart and soul, to the point that your way of being and your way of socializing changed thanks to them.

You got up from your queen sized bed, walking towards the bathroom that was right next to the bedroom. You have a nice, warm and cozy apartment, with one bedroom, a bathroom, and a living room, a kitchen in a separate room. Your job paid well, gladly, so you couldn't complain about where you were living right now. You missed a house, of course, but at least you were alone with your thoughts here.

Although you didn't know if that was a good thing or not.

You woke up before your alarm, noticing the sun coming up just now, so you took the chance to shower yourself, humming under the water to some Ed Sheeran. You grew to like him actually, which you didn't before, not at all. When you first heard his music you found it cheesy, almost too corny for your taste.

Yet here you were, jamming to it months later.

You walked out of your long shower, wearing only your lilac robe around your body. You walked towards your living room, turning the tv on to see the news and figure what time it is.

6:20 AM.

Yep, too early. You looked at the small headline below the forecast one.

Female Betas protest over single motherhood and gay rights.