-72-: Planning Harry's Birthday

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, sure," he answered.

"And Zayn, will you start on the invite list and invite them?" I ask.

"Sure, just ours and Harry's families, right?" He asked.

"Do his friends, too," I say. "And don't worry about Harry's mum. I'm going to stop at the bakery anyways."

"Okay, sounds good!"

"And Louis, will you start decorating when you're finished cleaning?" I ask him.

"Sure, yeah," he answered.

"And I will go out to order the cake," I said.

"What do I do?" Niall asked.

I texted him instead of verbally answer.

Me: I was hoping that you could come with me

Niall got his phone out of his pocket and saw my text. He looked at it and smiled.

"Yes," he said.

"Liz and Niall, you don't need to text when you're in the same room as each other," Liam said as he stopped carrying chairs in the living room.

Me and Niall glare at Liam and grab our jackets and head out the door.

"So, why couldn't you say that out loud?" Niall asked as he closed the door.

"I didn't want to embarrass myself," I admit as I start the car.

We looked at each other and smiled. His braces were kinda cute.

"We should make more progress," Niall said.

"Like moving?" I ask, signaling that we should start making our way to the bakery.

"No, in a... different way," he said, searching for words.

I knew what he was talking about.

"Yeah, me too. That's been on my mind a lot lately," I confess.

"So, can we progress?" Niall asked.

"Sure," I say. It was silent for a few seconds. "This is awkward."

"Yeah, it is," Niall agreed.

"So, Niall," I say. We stopped at a red light. The bakery wasn't far from the house.

"Yeah?" He turned to look at me.

"I just wanted to say that since we've admitted our feelings to each other, then I just kind of wanted to make things official," I say.

"Yeah, me too," Niall said.

"So can we?" I ask.

"I need to think about it for a little while, then I'll decide," Niall said.

The light turned green, and we drove for a mile then turned into the bakery's parking lot. We walk in the door and we're greeted with a jingle of the bell.

"Hey, Liz! Hey Niall!" a familiar voice said.

"Hey, Mrs Styles!" Niall said with a smile. "How's business going for ya?"

"Well, it's been pretty good!" She said happily. "What brings you two here on Harry's birthday?"

"Actually, we came because of that," I said. "With Harry going out with Ariana all day, no one can make him a cake since he's the only one that can bake. We came to order one instead, since we're throwing him a surprise birthday party when Ariana brings him home."
—————
Harry's POV

Today was a great day so far. By now, it was almost one, and me and Ariana were just barely walking out of the restaurant, holding hands, from eating lunch.

"Ariana," I say.

"Yes?" She answered.

"Today has been great," I say.

"Yeah, it has," she agreed.

I pull her close to me. Our heads get closer together, until we're centimeters apart. I see people with cameras.

"Oh great!" I said while throwing my hands in the air, interrupting what we were just about to do.

"What?" Ariana asked.

"The paparazzi," I explained. "Curse them!"

"What's so bad?" Ariana asked.

"I don't want the public to know about our relationship," I say. "The only people that I want to know is you, your family, me and the boys and our families, and our friends, which all of them already do."

"Harry, your such a gentleman!" Ariana exclaimed. I smiled. "Harry, who cares what the public thinks? As long as I'm happy, your happy, right?"

"Yes," I smiled.

I pulled her in for a kiss and this time, it didn't get interrupted. We kissed for about a minute, then we broke apart.

"How come we stopped?" Ariana asked, confused.

"If we're here just kissing all day long, we wouldn't have time to do other things," I explain with a smile.

"Right," Ariana smiled.
————
Liz's POV

By now, it was five fifty.

"Guys, Harry and Ariana will be here in almost an hour," I said. "Let's finish getting the food set up," I said.

We finished getting the party ready, and the doorbell rang.

"Hide!" Louis shouted.

"Wait, it's not even six thirty yet," I said.

I go over to the door and look through the eye hole and see that it's just Mrs. Styles with the muffins. I open it.

"Hey, do you want to just set the muffins on the table?" I said, taking her coat and hanging it up.

"This place looks great!" Mrs. Styles complimented.

"Thanks, it was all thanks to Becky that it looks the way it does," Niall said as he smiled at me.

I had a feeling that things were going to start happening soon, but maybe I was just imagining them.

"Did you bring Harry's cake?" I ask.

"Yes, it's in my car," Mrs. Styles said. "I can go get it now."

"Okay, yeah, that'll be great," Louis said.

As more time passed on, more family members and more friends came over. We arranged the food, then turned all the lights off and hid.
—————
Harry's POV

Me and Ariana were getting out of the car. We start walking up the driveway and stop.

"Ari, today has been great," I say, taking her hand. "I will never forget it."

I pull her close to me and kiss her passionately. She kissed me back until she started talking.

"Let's go in the house now," Ariana smiled.

"Yeah, come on."

We walk up to the front door and open it. All the lights are off.

"Why is it so dark?" I ask.