The Start Of Arrowfell (Volume 7 Chapter 8)

Start from the beginning

With concerned and panicked expressions, the group bombards Apollo with fevered questions. However, he remained monotonous.

Weiss: Grace? What are you doing here?

Grace and Weiss face each other. The Schnee then notices Grace's Ace Op outfit and gasps.

Weiss: The Ace Ops got involved...? 

However, Grace stands sternly after Apollo, still holding him around her shoulder.

Grace: Keep your voices down and relax. Physically, he's fine, but mentally... 

She glances at him and frowns.

Grace: I... think it's best I explain the situation instead.

She faces the group and takes a deep breath.

Grace: Let's go to your rooms. I'll explain it there.

Grace, still supporting Apollo, walks on ahead. The rest of the group follow suit. 

Opening Apollo's room, Grace carefully sits Apollo down on the chair while the group enters the room. With how many of them were inside, the room was quite cramped. Team RWBY sat on Heath's bed, while Jaune, Nora, Ren, and Oscar sat on Jake's bed.

However, as they all sat down, the door suddenly opens to reveal Jake, the boy panting and drenched in sweat. He raises a brow at the sight in front of him.

Jake: Why... are you all here?

Jaune: Hey, there you are!

Ruby: Where were you, Jake? We were looking all over the academy for you! 

Jake looks around him and notices Apollo on the chair. He then faces Ruby.

Jake: I was training, as I've been the past few days.

Yang: We messaged you so many times on your scroll! Did you not receive them?

Jake: I don't check my scroll when I train. 

Yang lets out a sigh.

Yang: Well, you better start checking it. 

Jake shrugs. He turns to face Apollo and notices his dull, blank expression. It un-nerved him; he's never seen Apollo this way before.

Jake: Did something happen? Whe-

Grace: Save the questions. I'll explain everything.

Jake hums and leans on the wall next to the door. Grace then takes a breath and starts her explanation.

Grace: As you all have been informed, Heath and Apollo were tasked to take care of the launch site today. It was all going swimmingly... until we suddenly received mass amounts of distress signals surrounding the launch site.

She folds her hands together.

Grace: It was a massive horde of Grimm unlike anything we've ever seen. If I were to classify the emergency in tiers... it would be Class S.

Weiss: And... that means...?

Grace faces Weiss.

Grace: It was region-threatening. There have only been 4 Class S signals since the city of Atlas was built, and this was the worst one yet.