The Start Of Arrowfell (Volume 7 Chapter 8)

The flight back to the academy was silent and tense. It was voided of emotion; not a soul aboard was happy or upset, satisfied or unfulfilled.

Seen inside the manta, Grace sits next to Apollo. Across them, the Vacuan Huntress sits next to an Atlesian Huntsman.

Both sides mirrored one another; both males were broken, while both females looked on with worry and concern.

Apollo and the Atlesian Huntsman had just lost their loved ones right in front of their eyes. The memories played in both of their minds; how the Megoliath's tusk sunk straight through Heath's stomach, and how both of the Atlesian Huntsman's comrades were torn to shreds by the Grimm horde.

Apollo's hands were balled into fists atop his lap. He hadn't blinked in what felt like hours. Tears had stopped falling, but his eyes no longer shone. Grace couldn't help but glance at her old partner a few times, clearly worried about his mental state.

Oh, and physical state, too. Apollo looked like he'd been through a full war.

On the other end, the Vacuan Huntress slowly pats the back of the Atlesian Huntsman, who shares a similar expression to Apollo. He was also broken and dull; he was motionless and stationary. The Vacuan Huntress frowns, looking out the window to distract herself.

Today was supposed to be a simple patrol mission. It should've been a normal day.

Everyone involved expected today to be uneventful.

No one could've expected this.

Not a single soul.

---------------

The manta docks off at the entrance of Atlas Academy. The airship's doors open, forming a ramp to the ground below. The broken moon shone brightly in the night sky over the Academy, though with more clouds surrounding it than usual.

Atlesian Knights and soldiers stand guard by the ramp as slowly from the aircraft, Grace supports Apollo as the two walk down the aircraft. His arm slung around her back, his waist held, she supports him into the campus.

There was no need to worry about being spotted by students, thankfully. This was at a time when all students should be asleep in their dorms.

However, as soon as they enter the courtyard, Grace squints to see multiple figures run towards her. They reveal to be the main group as Ruby gets to Apollo first, quickly halting before him with a concerned look.

Ruby: Y/N!? Y/N!? Oh my goodness, are you okay!?

He slowly looks up, his lifeless eyes tattered by all the dirt and ripped clothes around his body. She gasps in fear as the rest of the group stops in front of him.

Blake: What happened out there!?

Yang: Hang in there, Y/N! 

Jaune: We heard from the General that something went wrong!

Nora: A massive Grimm attack, right? 

Ren: Apparently, something bad happened to him, too. But-

Oscar: H-Hey... where's Heath?