Uncovering The Truth (Volume 7 Chapter 6)

As the party came to a close, the group leaves the Colosseum, boarding a Manta that'll take them straight back to the academy.

However, instead of jubilant, happy expressions, the group all had concerned, anxious looks on their faces. It was understandable, Apollo had suddenly walked out on them with no explanation as to why.

That wasn't like him at all.

However, Heath, who continues to stare at his newly acquired Huntsman license, looks up at the anxious expressions. His brows raise slightly.

"Oh come on, we're still worried about him?"

They turn to Heath who rests his head on his arms.

"I'm sure it's nothing! He probably went to talk to Ironwood about something. He'll be back."

Ruby hums under her breath and nods.

"I hope you're right, Heath."

He then gets to his feet and stretches, letting out an excited cry.

"We're going to go on huntsmen missions tomorrow! I can't wait, man! It's gonna be fun!"

Yang snorts and rolls her eyes.

"Yeah, except for the waking up early part."

Heath waves her off.

"Bah, that's nothin'! Just sleep!"

The group sweatdrops at Heath's naivety. He goes to sit down and opens his scroll again, admiring his new license.

The rest of the ride was silent once again, but fortunately this time around, the group's spirits had lifted, as the manta continued to fly towards the academy.

---------------

The sun had barely started to rise as a door quietly opens amongst the barracks, revealing to be Apollo, already fully dressed in his gear. He checks his scroll to look at his license before heading to Ironwood's office.

The hallways were quiet, as the time was at an hour where no students should be awake. The only sounds present were the sounds of his footsteps, as he heads up a stairwell towards Ironwood's office.

Walking to the door, he knocks on it and waits for a response. Soon, the door opens, revealing an exhausted-looking Ironwood, eyebags visible under his eyes.

"Y/N? What are you...?"

Apollo bows his head.

Apollo: I apologize for this, General. But, there's something I need to talk to you about.

Ironwood checks his scroll and looks at the time.

Ironwood: Is it so important that you've come before the sun comes up?

Apollo chuckles quietly.

Apollo: I'd... rather not make my friends worry. It's a personal situation.

Ironwood stares blankly momentarily before heading inside his office. Apollo follows suit and stands before him as the General sits at his desk.