Dress pt.2

Continuation of my previous one shot

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Loki had been with Mobius in secret for almost a year now, and it was the happiest they'd ever been. Little did the prince know that their perfect happy little world would soon be threatened.

Mobius was walking towards Loki's chambers when he heard him arguing with someone. The agent stood closer to the closed door, and he could very clearly hear Frigga's voice inside the room.

"This is ridiculous! Why would father insist on putting me in an arranged marriage when the last attempt failed so horribly?!"

"Please, Loki, do not make this worse."

"Define worse, mother."

"She is a lovely woman. She will make a lovely bride, Loki."

"I don't want a 'lovely bride', mother. I'm not...I'm not ready for that."

"I understand, darling. And I tried to persuade Odin to give you more time to consider, but he won't budge from tradition."

"No, you don't understand. I love him!"

"Who? Loki, tell me. Who?"

"Mobius, the visitor. We've been together for nearly a year now."

"Why didn't you just tell me, darling?"

"Because I didn't want to lose him. He...he makes me feel a way I've never felt about myself."

"He makes you feel cherished, Loki."

"Yes, he does."

Mobius could hear the pure happiness in Loki's voice, it made his heart swell with indescribable joy to know how Loki felt about him.

"I will tell Odin at once to call this arrangement off, my darling. You will be with Mobius instead."

"You mean it?"

"I will let nothing stop you from being happy, my son."

"Thank you, mother."

Mobius was still stood near the door when Frigga came out, and she immediately knew he'd heard every word.

"Your majesty." Mobius said politely.

"Oh, we're past that, Mobius. You may call me Frigga." She said warmly, a kind smile on her face. "Thank you for... everything."

Mobius just nodded with a smile, and Frigga gave him a hug before heading downstairs. Mobius went into Loki's room, both nearly unable to contain their joy. Loki immediately pulled his beloved into a kiss, tears of joy streaming from his eyes.

"My mother, she says we can be together. We don't have to hide it anymore." Loki says with the most genuine smile Mobius had ever seen.

"Does this mean we can finally make this official?" Mobius says with a smile.

"Yes, it does." Loki smiles back.

Without saying a word, Mobius suddenly dropped down to one knee before Loki, the god clasping a hand over her mouth in shock.

"Loki Odinson, will you marry me?" Mobius says softly, already knowing the answer he'll get.

"Yes." Loki sniffles, overjoyed.

-

"I, Loki Odinson, take thee, Mobius, to be my wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part." Loki whispered, his eyes shining with tears.

"And, Mobius, take thee, Loki, to be my wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part." Mobius said, still unable to believe this was really happening.

"By the power vested in me, I pronounce you married." Frigga said proudly, tying the knot of the handfasting cord that was wrapped around Loki and Mobius' hands. "You may kiss your bride."

Loki took the initiative, pulling Mobius in for a kiss. The entire crowd applauded, and the deafening sound of Thor and his friends' cheers boomed the palace. The prince chuckled, smiling like a lunatic.

This truly was a happily ever after kind of ending after all...