You are in love

Soundtrack: "You are in love" by Taylor Swift

(Pt. 2 of Nobody Gets Me)

Mpreg
_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Three weeks later

Loki was doing their best to hide how miserable they were feeling right now. They had been sick for the past week, and it was a terrifyingly familiar illness. They would wake in the morning with a horrid stomach ache, and spend the rest of the day gagging at the most random of smells. To make matters worse, a strange firmness had begun to develop low in their abdomen, right below their navel.

They didn't think it was possible. It had been centuries since Loki had been with child, and he preferred not to remember how that had ended in tragedy and heartbreak. Needless to say, Loki was terrified. But what made him the most nervous was wondering how Mobius would react. Would he be excited? Or would he be terrified? Would he eagerly accept the prospect of fatherhood? Or will he reject the entire idea?

As Loki lost himself to his spiraling thoughts, he didn't notice Sylvie entering the room.

"Hey, earth to Loki?" Sylvie says playfully, waving her hand in front of face.

"What do you want?" Loki grumbles.

"Thor sent me to check on you, he noticed you weren't looking too good." Sylvie explained. "Are you sick? You look like shit."

"I'm not sick." Loki says softly, his voice trembling.

"Oh." Sylvie says softly. "Oh..."

"Before you even say it, yes it's Mobius' child, and yes I'm a bottom so could you please refrain from mocking me while I feel like I'm literally dying?" Loki says, irritated.

"I wasn't going to say any of that, idiot." Sylvie retorted. "Does he know yet?"

"No, and I'm terrified of the possibility that he won't want it." Loki says, his hands resting over his abdomen without even thinking.

"That's ridiculous, you know?" Sylvie says. "Mobius would make a great father. He has a big heart, there's no way he'd ask you to get rid of it, and he'd certainly never leave you. You two are inseparable."

"Thanks, sis." Loki says softly, he had grown fond of calling her his sister. Because that's practically what she was, like the twin sister he'd never had.

"No problem, bro." Sylvie says, giving Loki a firm pat on the shoulder before departing from the room.

A little while later, Loki got up the nerve to find Mobius and tell him the news. He found Mobius with Banner, O.B, and Reed in the lab. The scientists were working on some sort of device to use against Kang.

"Hey, you feeling better?" Mobius asks, always concerned about Loki's wellbeing.

"That's actually what I wanted to talk to you about. Do you think we could go somewhere a little more private?" Loki asks, and Mobius followed him out into the hall.

"Well, what is it? Is everything okay?" Mobius asks.

"Everything's... everything's great." Loki says softly, looking down at the man he loved, the father of his unborn child, the person he was going to spend the rest of time with. "I'm pregnant."

Mobius went silent, clearly shocked. Loki started to worry again, but reminded himself of what Sylvie had told him.

Mobius would make a great father. He has a big heart, there's no way he'd ask you to get rid of it, and he'd certainly never leave you. You two are inseparable.

"Are...are you sure?" Mobius asks.

"I can feel them. Not exactly movements, but like...their essence, I guess. Perhaps their magic? It's hard to tell this early, but it's... I've never felt something like this. It's so wonderfully unique, like you." Loki says softly, doing his best to hold the tears back. "Is this a good thing?"

"Are you kidding?" Mobius says softly, placing a hand on Loki's abdomen, over the womb that contained their beautiful, unique little child. "I can't wait to be a dad."

"The timing could have been a bit better--"

"I wouldn't change a single thing."

-

Nine long, difficult, harrowing months later, Loki was in an infirmary bed holding their newborn daughter, Frigga Lokidottir. Mobius was sat beside him, looking at the tiny little creature with awe and wonder. She had pale skin like Loki, and Mobius' light blue eyes and light blonde hair.

Loki now fondly remembered when they told the rest of the team that they were expecting. Loki had been bracing for Thor's shock at finding out Loki had laid with a mortal, that perhaps Thor wouldn't approve of Mobius. But instead, Thor wrapped Mobius in a signature bearhug and accepted him into the family of Odin eagerly.

Now, Loki finally has that perfect little family he always wanted. His mother is alive, Kang is defeated, and everything is perfect.

Finally.