Birthday

Soundtrack: "Love Someone" by Lukas Graham

Description: Loki is annoyed by the idea of having to share a birthday with his variant Sylvie, but Mobius decides to make it the best birthday his Loki has ever had.

(Post TVA, Earth 616)

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Loki was dreading this night. He had been dreading it ever since he heard that Thor and B-15 were planning to throw one party for both Loki and Sylvie.

Loki hated celebrating his birthday anyway, but now he had to share a whole day with her?! Gods, this must be how Wanda felt with Pietro, and how Tommy and Billy always feel. This is how twins must feel about birthdays. It fucking sucks having to share it.

Reluctantly, Loki went to Thor's house, acting surprised when he saw the place done up with ridiculous decorations, complete with a green frosted cake on the table with number candles spelling out 1,072.

"Happy birthday, Sylvie." B-15 says, wrapping her arms around Sylvie's neck and kissing her. They had gotten together shortly after the destruction of the TVA. O.B was sat on the couch with his boyfriend Casey, who now thinks fish are the coolest thing ever. Thor was here with Bruce, who he had been dating for seven months now, along with Valkyrie and Carol, the most badass couple to ever exist.

And then there was Mobius. Beautiful, sexy, charming, soft-spoken, kind, caring, thoughtful, wonderful, perfect Mobius. Boy, Loki was down bad. The pair had been secretly dating since shortly after that whole time-slipping incident, but they had been taking things painfully slow. Loki had been hurt many, many times before, and he wanted to take the time for them to enjoy being in love for a while before they took that next step. Loki wanted to savor this part, the soft kisses and the quiet romantic dinners, lazy mornings and sleepy snuggles, talking about nonsense for hours. Gods, Loki loved this. He loved what he and Mobius had, because it was real. It was love. At long last, love.

Loki tried his best to suffer through the party, but boy was he uncomfortable. And unhappy. No one was even acknowledging his existence so far, and it hurt like hell. He hadn't even wanted this party, he hated parties. He just wanted to be with Mobius in their bed, in those arms, safe and sound in the one place where he could let his guard down and relax for a few blissful hours.

It seemed Mobius noticed his discomfort, because suddenly he stood up and took Loki's arm, making up some excuse along the lines of It's getting late and we both have work early in the morning, we should probably head back. They seemed to buy it, and Mobius led Loki outside and down the path to their small little cottage that sat nestled in a meadow of wildflowers. A cobblestone path wound through the meadow, right up to the front door of the beautiful cottage, which looked like something right out of a fairytale. They walked inside, Loki immediately heading for the bedroom. Mobius followed him there, putting on Loki's favorite movie, Starsky and Hutch. He knew how much Loki loved this movie, especially the character of Hutch. Loki also loved the Cars and Night At the Museum movies. It was something about Owen Wilson, it would seem.

Mobius got under the covers, Loki immediately wrapping his arms around Mobius' waist and snuggling into him.

"Happy birthday, Loki." Mobius whispers. "I love you so much, Kitty."

"I love too, Moby." Loki says softly, gently fiddling with the soft fabric of Mobius' favorite t-shirt he had changed into before getting into bed. "For all time..."

"Always."

💚🧡