What a Time...

A/N: Wanted to do another soulmate AU because I can 🏳️‍🌈 Also, this will feature scenes from s1 and s2 💚🧡

Soundtrack: "What a time" by Julia Michaels feat. Niall Horan

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Loki sat in the time theater, his arms folded in front of his chest as he glared at the man in front of him.

"If looks could kill." Mobius says, gazing at Loki in awe. He'd been dreaming of this day ever since he started studying the God of Mischief. Now that they were here, close enough to touch, Mobius felt as though he may explode at any moment.

"So, you're part of the TVA's courageous and dedicated workforce?" Loki asks, clearly angry. Mobius thought it was adorable.

"I am. I specialize in dangerous and powerful variants." Mobius says.

"Like me?" Loki asks, feeling a bit flattered at being called powerful and dangerous.

"Nah, particularly dangerous variants. You're...just a little pussycat." Mobius says, and Loki had never wanted to stab someone so much in their life.

"This still feels very much like a killing me sort of room, by the way." Loki snapped, and Mobius couldn't help his chuckle.

"You just can't help yourself sometimes, can you?" Mobius asked, and Loki's only response was to groan in frustration.

Loki looked down at his folded arms, internally grimacing at the sight of the name printed into his skin in a human language. It had always confused him, what kind of a name was Don? It made no sense to him back then. Similarly, Mobius used to be confused by the name on his arm, given that it was written in what appeared to be viking runes. But after studying up on the Asgardian language one night, he was shocked. The name on his arm was Loki Laufeyson, God of Mischief. Now, he couldn't be certain it was this Loki Laufeyson, but boy was he blindly hopeful.

-

Loki rose to his knees with a groan, clutching his throbbing groin. God, Lady Sif had some sharp kneecaps.

Before the loop could begin once more, Mobius entered the room through a time door. Loki braced himself for more annoyed banter, but Mobius seemed to have something else on his mind.

"Was all this really necessary?" Loki started.

"Shut up." Mobius said breathlessly. "Do you really think you deserve to be alone?"

Loki was completely silent. What kind of question was that? Of course he doesn't want to be alone! He's spent his entire life alone, even in the most crowded room he was utterly alone.

"Loki!" Mobius snapped.

"You told me to shut up!" Loki snapped back defensively.

"You could be whoever, whatever you wanna be, even someone good." Mobius said, and Loki just stared at him in slight shock. No one had ever given him that option. Ever. "Just in case anyone ever told you different."

Loki couldn't help his smile. Too bad Mobius wasn't his soulmate. Nope, his soulmate was some Midgardian named Don, apparently.

As Loki and Mobius headed for Sylvie's cell, they were confronted by Ravonna and D-90.

"You took my tempad." Ravonna says menacingly.

"Oh, really? Damn, must have taken yours by mistake. I'm sorry." Mobius says, pulling it out of his pocket. Ravonna confiscated it, glaring at him.

"You were one of our best, Mobius." Ravonna says regretfully. "If only you had kept your nose out of my business."

"What does that mean?" Mobius asks, and Ravonna sighed angrily.