Chapter 17- fda investigation

Saichi slams his hands down on the table in the breakroom as Penguin and Bepo sit there with their lunches. "Sometings going on with law and we need to get to the bottom of it" "nothing's wrong with him  he's just in better moods lately."bepo says shrugging Saichi points at Bepo, "that's exactly the problem!" Penguin nods, " it's unnatural to see him like this; the only time he smiles is when he has some sort of sadistic plan." , " or when he's being sarcastic." Saichi adds. '' he's been hooked to his phone and he's been going out for lunch and you know he never goes out." , " maybe he's finally trying to have fun " Bepo suggested " but why in the world would he start now... you don't think ... he might be ... dating someone?" Penguin in disbelief in himself even suggesting the idea, " there's no way a man that bitchey could find someone." Saichi denines " but despite his attitude he's hot." Penguin says Saichi clutches his fist in anger "true, damn curse his good looks! We have to get to the bottom of this!"

the door opens grabbing all their attention , law walks in with a neutral face which was becoming more common than then his usual scowl. He opens the local keurig putting in his favorite black coffee flavor as it fills up his coffee mug he hears the ping of his phone he pulls it out of his pocket and smiles chuckling luffy had sent him a photo of him in cat ears with the kids at daycare in all different kinds of animal ears on. Luffy often sent little photos of what he was doing throughout the day. It was cute. Law looks up from his phone to see his friends staring at him awestruck. "What?" they all avert their gaze, Law rolls his eyes and clicks his tongue grabbing his coffee as he walks out.

The whole group lets out a sigh of relief as the door closes. "You see what I mean now?!" Saichi gestured with his hands outward. "Yeah, something changed. But isn't it a good thing that he's happier now?"  " No, it's weird and unnatural and as his best friends we need to figure out why" . Bepo just slaps his forehead.

They walk out of the break room and stop in their tracks as they hear their friends voice  " hey baby" no, that couldn't be law.  They peek their heads out to see law leaning against the wall with his phone to his ear. " I'm at work.... Yes I saw the photos .... See you tonight ... bye" law hangs up as The group walks out. Law turns around to see the group and walks up to them , " hey i'm gonna have to hang out with you guys tomorrow i'm busy with something tonight."

" What are you busy with?" Saichi asks with curiosity maybe he'll admit to the situation but knowing Law that wasn't going to happen.  " none of your business" yeah exactly as they thought but at least he didn't deny it. " Fine, I guess we'll let you get away this time." Law raises his eyebrow. " You did that with little to no resistance, what's up?", " nothing's up, we know you have stuff to do every once and awhile so do it ." Saichi says as inconspicuous as possible. " okay...'' Law walks away looking uncomfortable.

Saichi lets out a sigh after Law is far away enough, " you think he caught on?" Penguin shrugs his shoulders, " I don't know, your acting was pretty terrible ." Saichi hits Penguin on the head, " like you could do much better! we're going to follow him when he leaves." , " I don't know guys, he'd be royally pissed if he found out." Saichi his arm around Bepo, "don't worry, it's not like he could be mad at us forever. plus, if we don't find out he'll never tell us." " I guess you're right...fine I'll go with you guys." , " all right, that's my boy! Now we'll follow him after work, so be prepared!".......

Law walks out of the building to his car thinking to himself. His friends have been acting odd since lunch just staring at him but averting their gaze the moment he looked at them. It was suffocating. Law sees his phone ringing. It was luffy, he answers. "Hey." "torao!" Just hearing Luffy's voice was like a breath of fresh air. "What are you up to?", "Well I was wondering how I should dress for dinner tonight?" "dress in whatever you like just make sure it's somewhat formal." " okay see you tonight!" and with that luffy hangs up. Law was a little shocked, normally luffy would talk about his day or start up random conversations.