Chapter 2 - getting off previous medication

Law walks into the break room tired . He puts the gift basket down on the counter plopping down in a seat. " you look more tired than usual," a big burly man says as he turns around with coffee in hand. He had frosty white hair, big brown eyes. He was tall enough to make the room seem miniature, "and for you that's really something" , adds on a man with a penguin hat on. "For sure,you already look like a raccoon from your eye bags.", another man with orange ruffled hair says Law just scowls at the men ," thanks assholes" , "how could you say that to your dear friends!"
, the man with the penguin hat says gasping dramatically clutching his chest.

law rolls his eyes, in the corner of the tall man's eye he saw the gift basket ," what's that?" The two other men see it and start making assumptions, " oooooh is it from a girl?" " did you get a secret girlfriend ?" , " is it from a patient who confessed her love to you?"," or maybe you plan on giving it to someone" they both get hit on the head. " Will you two shut up, it's a thank you gift from a patient for saving them" law says agitated. " you normally never take thank you gifts, what's different today?" , "yeah what is different today? Uwww is it from someone you like?" ,"Oh a forbidden lover?" "Scandalous","scandalous indeed," the two are once again met with fist on top of their heads. "It was from a very annoyingly persistent patient" ,Law says,just thinking about it makes him tired, "awww I thought it would be more interesting." The man with a penguin hat says with disappointment. " Yeah, I thought it was gonna be like those dramas," the red head says. "Well sorry to say that the real world doesn't work like that." law says with venom laced in his voice.

"Aw don't be so pessimistic you never know anything could happen," the red head says. " Yeah, have some hope in your heart." Law frowns. "Saichi and penguin are right the world doesn't have to be so glum",the tall man says, "I know what cheer you up, going to get a good drink and play some pool!" saichi says excited, " that sounds like your idea of destressing ."law says, " ohh come on it'll be fun" penguin says. "no", " yes, plus if we go today you don't have to worry about being hungover for your family dinner." saichi notes. "No," saichi sighs, "I didn't want to pull out this card, you promised bepo at least once a week you would come out and do something fun." law sighs , after working overtime for three weeks straight he collapsed in the middle of work and bepo and the others forced him to take a break at least once a week, " fine" ,"it'll be fun trust us." law just grumbles under his breath...

The work day is over. Law hopes that they forgot all about the plans but of course not, " who's ready to go have some fun?" saichi wraps his arm around the back of Law's neck. law groans, " there's no way I'm getting out of this huh?" , "nope", " no, let's go." Saichi points his finger pointing to the door dragging law along as the others follow suit.

They pull up to a a building adorned with a large sign saying ' big ma's' going inside, the bar was dimly lit with multiple tables around, people playing pool in the back with beer bottles in hand, and a large bar extending across the side of the wall the shelves filled with various types of liquors.

"Four bottles of beer for the group please," penguin says as they sit down , " so about this gift basket what patient gave it to you ?" Saichi says curious about what type of person was able to get law to accept a gift. " an annoying one" law says as he thinks back to their previous encounters, they got up and made their way to a pool table, " there's gotta be more to it than that, give us the deets, are they cute?" Law answered with silence, he had to admit that luffy is pretty attractive. Big doe eyes, messy black hair, and pink tinted lips, and a perfect set of pearly white teeth,and a slim slightly curvy body. " uw he's not saying anything,they must be cute" penguin says teasing.Law just ignores him walking over to a corner to grab the sticks for the group.

"Now that I think about it you never told us you type", " I bet it's the sexy alof and dark type", " or maybe he like the super cutesy type" " he could be into the energetic type " bepo suggests, "nah." saichi and penguin say at the same time " I would put money on it that law would never date someone bubbly saichi says. " yeah he would never they would be way too different" penguin says. "Well I think that it's possible, it might even be a good thing for him " bepo says. " how bout we make a bet if law end up with a bubbly person me and penguin will give you fifty dollars each and if he doesn't then we get 75 from you, how bout it?" , " sure sounds good" saichi and bepo shake hands, law shakes his head in frustration, " why are you betting on my love life?" "for fun of course," Penguin says. Law sighs and sips out of his beer bottle. " you really need to get out there more, I mean you are a handsome guy I bet you could pull'' saichi says. "You know law he never will approach anyone unless they do and half of them don't because he's mean mugging them.you should really smile more"penguin says law thinks back to what luffy said earlier, "you know I've heard that too much today" , "which means you should take the advice." Law rolls his eyes, "come on turn that frown upside down" law scowls, " come on one smile" he looks at them blankly, they all start chanting," smile,smile, smile", "that alcohol must be messing with your brain" law says they continue to chant obviously tipsy he sighs "fine, this ok?"he gives a half hazardly smile "yeah we did it!" Saich says they froze to a line doing kicks like show girls. Law could help but chuckle at his friends as the time goes on and they empty more bottles...