Chapter 7- diagnosis

Lately law and luffy have been texting back and forth simple conversations about little things ,updates on what luffy was reading ,and stupid questions with law's snarky remarks. But bit by bit he slowly started to enjoy the little conversations they would have. Just what was Law turning into?

Law walks into the movie theater looking around for Luffy. He was a bit early today  so he just scrolled on his phone till it was time. He hears the running of footsteps and looks to see luffy out of breath in an oversized white t-shirt tucked into his cuffed jeans, "sorry to make you wait, i already bought the tickets on my phone lets go." they walk to the kiosk and of course luffy orders  the largest popcorn he can have.

as they walk to the movie room luffy snacks on the popcorn. Law rolls his eyes,
"You never told me what we're watching.", " were watching a documentary about surgery." , a documentary? That definitely didn't fit luffy, " why that?" , luffy smiles , " because you'll probably like it." Law feels his heart skip a beat, damn his heart keeps on acting strange when  he's around this man. Law just nods and keeps walking.

They walk into the movie room to see the movie is about to start , they sit down in their chairs luffy sits down the already half eaten popcorn between them. As the movie goes on law found it interesting slowly getting immersed in it.then he feels something on his shoulder to see it was luffy asleep. He sighs , he knew this was gonna happen. He just let luffy lean on his shoulder, he sees luffy shivering law grabs his coat and lays it on top of the younger male. He stops shivering and smiles in his sleep. Law smirks then turns back to watching the movie

The lights turn on and people start getting up walking out the room. Law taps on luffy's shoulder, luffy leans up and wipes his eyes  "how long was i asleep?", "the whole movie dumbass." law flick luffy's nose, "hey that hurt!"luffy says covering his nose law chuckles. Luffy looks down to see he's covered by law's coat and slightly blushes, "you gave me your coat, "he smiles , law turn his head away blushing , " don't get the wrong idea, it was because you kept shivering  and it was distracting me.", law snatches up his coat and gets up from his seat walking off embarrassed, luffy gets up chasing after him, "wait up!" they get out the theater, Luffy and Law walk side by side.  "Torao's just hiding that he's really sweet." luffy says in a teasing manner , law frowns, his ears turn red. as they walk down the pavement law sees little raindrops as they start to multiply quickly and a heavy downpour starts.

Luffy and law both cover their heads " my house is nearby let's go there." law says they run for a bit till they arrive at law's house  he unlock the door and slams it shut the moment they enter both of them sliding down the door. luffy starts giggling, "that was fun!" law chuckles with him. They stop laughing as they look at each other. Luffy was absolutely drenched, his hair shaggy and disheveled showing his naturally wavy hair , the way his shirt clinged to all of his curves and it was basically transparent leaving nothing to the imagination. Law couldn't say he looks much better. Golden eyes look into molasses ones. Leaning in so close together they could feel each other's breath, the gray illuminated through the window of law's front door. They hear the beep of the dishwasher law pulls away quickly and coughs awkwardly, both of them blushing furiously, "I'll grab a change of clothes for us." law gets up running up the stairs.

Once in his room  he takes a breath of relief , what was he going to do back there if the dishwasher hadn't beeped? His heart was beating out of his chest and he couldn't stop it. Why does this feeling come back every time? He hated it, the way his stomach had butterflies in it and he couldn't stop it. But for some reason he loved it at the same time like his body had been craving it.

He changed into a pair of sweats and a shirt. He looked through his drawers finding another pair of sweats and an old hoodie. He walks down to see Luffy sitting on the couch anxiously waiting, face still flushed, " here you go, I'll wash your clothes. You want a cup of tea?" luffy grabs the clothes "yeah, thanks torao." luffy walks to the bathroom getting changed as he put the hoodie on he smells it. It smelled like law , smoked wood and pine trees. It was nice. 

Law felt the butterflies flutter in his stomach as he saw luffy standing there in his clothes, the hoodie so big on him that you could only see his fingers. The pants were too big as well, the access fabric pooling at his ankles, his hair was dry now and you could see his poofy wavy hair.  Law hand him the cup of tea as he sits down,there's a pause of silence, "you straighten your hair?", " yeah, I do. I have since I moved to japan.", "moved?", "I'm originally from brazil. Me and my brothers moved here when I was five for better medical treatment." law nods, " when i started to go to school they required people to have straight hair. When my brothers first straightened it looked crazy." luffy laughs, "we even took a photo and set it as our screensavers" luffy pulls out his phone turning it on to show his two boys smiling both with flat irons in hand while luffy sits in the middle pouting at his new look. Law chuckles Luffy does too.

They get more comfortable and start to talk like they do on text but the atmosphere was even more warm than before. Their chuckles and giggles fill the room as they sip on their tea. Law had that warm feeling fuzz up in his chest again. It was getting stronger each time he sees luffy.

They hear the drying machine buzz and they stop their conversation so Luffy could get changed. They stand in law's doorway looking at each other , "hey law," luffy stares intently at law, "what?" , "That moment earlier I didn't want it to end." luffy leans up on his tippy toes and kisses law on the cheek, law stands there wide eyes, "bye." luffy waves off.

Law closes the door blushing bright crimson red, what was happening to him? his head was spinning. His heart was beating so fast. What was this emotion?  it couldn't be that, he promised that he'd never do it again but he is. That smile had sucked him in, those pretty brown eyes that stare into his soul, that absolutely intoxicating giggle he just couldn't get enough of,those glossy lips releasing sweet words that sound like music to law's ears. He's fallen in love.