Chapter 3 - adjustments to the body

The weeks passed by quick for Luffy but so,so, so slow for law. luffy chasing and following law around, law annoyed with the pestering. but when the two were together the office felt more lively, law was more lively everyone in the office could tell despite how much law complained. luffy walks into the back for the last meeting. "Hey torao!"

"Hello" law says, luffy's hops on the bed then law begins taking his vitals. " So today's our last meeting.." luffy says
" yes it is, what of it?" Law says, raising his eyebrow,he seems different today. Law thought, usually he's loud and talkative but he's so meek right now. Luffy twirls his wavy black hair with his finger " so I have a question," law looks waiting for him to continue " I've been wondering , why were you at that party that night? torao doesn't seem like the type to go to parties." , "I'm not, I was there to get my sister.", " you have a sister?" Luffy eyes light up with curiosity, "what's her name? What university does she go to? probably the same as mine since the party was near the campus. Why were you picking her up?"," I was picking her up because she wasn't supposed to be there . And while I was looking I heard a commotion and people forming around in a group. That's when I saw you." Law says. " I'm glad you were there. I don't know what would've happened otherwise , I guess I'm a lucky guy!" Luffy says smiling.

"Let's give you your injection", The rest of the appointment goes quickly. " That's all, you'll be transferring back to your regular doctor next week." Luffy gets up from the bed and as he's heading to the door he stops turning around ," thanks for taking care of me these past two months hopefully I'll see again, bye torao!" Smiles broadly but for some reason there was a hint of sadness in it. Law closes the door and heads to the break room.Luffy walked to his car tired and ready to go to bed for the day...

Luffy stares blankly at the board as his professor talks. He was so bored lately he just couldn't get law off his mind he missed talking to the grumpy doctor. Normally he had something to look forward to every week but now there was nothing. " that's all for today, class dismissed" luffy packs his things getting up heading towards the. Door when a hand grabs his shoulder " you alright? You seem out of it." He turns around to see a man with long nose and long curly hair that hit his back, " I'm fine ussop just bored", " you working today?" , " yeah , me and kaya work the same shift today" Luffy looks at the clock to see he's running late " aw crap i gotta go bye!" Luffy runs off waving goodbye.

He runs to his car driving to pull up to a small building with cute ocean themed designs with a sign that says 'grand line day care'. Luffy walks in "you barely made it on time" kaya says looking at her watch, she had short blonde hair with brown eyes and an apron with her name embroidered on it. " you know it would be better if you came early" an older woman with greenish blonde hair says, "hey,at least I was on time today." Luffy says defensively, " yeah go easy on him Ms.kokoro" a woman with green hair says. Kokoro sighs " I guess you're right, this is better than usual." Luffy walks over to a small cupboard grabbing a yellow apron with 'luffy' stitched on it. " Let's get to work," kaya says with a smile on her face.

They start working and playing with the kids making and after all the kids went they locked the doors.
" Man, I'm tired." luffy says as he picks up toys off the ground. "That's odd, you're normally never tired." Kaya says as she grabs a broom ," yeah it's unlike you, guess everyone gets tired " the green haired woman says. " oh yeah I heard that the bakery you like is shutting down", Luffy groans, " I gonna miss their donuts" , " I bet the kids will too" Kaya says sighing putting a hand on her cheek, every week luffy goes out and buys the children sweets as a treat if they're good. " this sucks" luffy pouts " but on the bright side apparently a new bakery opening across the street tomorrow , you should try it out, maybe the kids like it." The green haired woman says, " yeah I'll go there tomorrow!" They finish wrapping everything up and luffy is the first to leave, " bye guys" he heads out waving.