Chapter 10- visits

Luffy wakes up the next day looking at a room that he's all too familiar with. It reminds him of the old days when he was a kid stuck in a place like this for years. It felt like he was there again and it fucking sucked. He looks at the clock to see it was one in the afternoon. Did he  really sleep that long? He didn't feel like he did, he just shrugged his shoulders. He looks around for the tv remote but instead finds a large bouquet of sunflowers he picks it up to see there's a letter   attached to it. He opens it  reading it

' hey so i couldn't see you in person so i wrote you a letter instead. So how's your day going? I hope you're resting , but then again it's you,' luffy chuckles, 'just don't overdo it okay? I care so I want you safe.' luffy blushes , ' i'll be there tomorrow during my break so be awake next time sleeping beauty. Sincerely yours, trafalgar.' luffy covers his face in embarrassment. Why would Law write something so cute? He never expected law to be the sentimental type but it was sweet it made luffy giddy inside. So yesterday really wasn't a dream he was really going out with law...

The next day law is antsy waiting for his break to come. Just waiting for that clock to strike twelve. He checks that he has his bag ready to go when his friends walk towards his desk , "wanna get lunch with us?" sees on his watch turn to twelve, finally. " nope busy see you." law runs off before they could get another word in. After picking up the food he drives to the hospital. He stands outside the door. he's so nervous, he takes a deep breath before knocking ,
" come in"

law opens the door to see luffy sitting in the bed reading a book "so do you really read." , "torao!" luffy looks at him happily surprised , " i told you i'd be here." luffy blushes " yeah i read the letter."  law sits down handing luffy a coffee with a donut , " here i got you this" luffy smiles and takes the doughnut, " its my favorite, thanks torao!"  law smirks, "yeah anytime sleeping beauty." luffy blushes crimson red , " what were you reading?", "the pretty little bird , i was feeling nostalgic being in here reminded me of my teacher.", " your teacher?"

" yup my teacher,  she was strict but kind despite hitting me on the head for not listening,"law chuckles, "she was amazing at everything she did,she was an inspiration, an inspiration to me. When I told her I wanted to be a teacher she was so happy."luffy pauses for a second , " and when i got discharged and went to go tell her goodbye..."  luffy looks up with a somber face, "she had died from cancer. " Law didn't know how to respond , "  ironic isn't it? I guess she was the pretty little bird afterall..." tears well up in luffy's eyes "im i gonna turn into a pretty bird too?" , law wraps his arms around luffy letting him sit in the crook of his neck feeling tear droplets on his shoulder , " if you turn into a pretty little bird then I'll be the caretaker."
luffy looks up at law, " are you sure? torao could be with someone that won't scare torao all the time."  Law wipes Luffy's tears with his thumb, " I chose you for a reason, you're the first to make me smile in so long, make me laugh and make me happy.", " thank you for choosing me." luffy kisses law gently on the lips. Law blushes, shocked, " no surprise attacks!" luffy laughs wiping his tears, " sorry, this time i'm letting you know." luffy leans in and kisses him again and law kisses back.  They pull away smiling at each other.

They kept talking, enjoying the presence of one another until it was time for law to leave. "I gotta go back to work, see you later." , " bye torao i'll see you, oh one more thing." luffy waves him closer and once close enough he pecks law on the cheek. " Have a good day."  law walks off  closing the door and feels his cheek " i said no more surprise attacks..."

The next day luffy sits in bed bored, ready to go home and rest in his own bed. Ready to see law again. He hears the door open to see his nurse holding a bouquet of flowers and a letter , " this for you." luffy opens the letter  it reads, ' come meet me on top of the roof. - trafalgar' luffy hops off of the bed walking out his room to the elevator. Once he reaches the top he walks out to see a beautiful courtyard and he sees law standing there dressed up in a nice button up and slacks as gentle music plays from his  phone . "care to join me for a dance ?"  Law extends his hand out for Luffy to grab. They start to move, stepping back and forth following the tempo of the music luffy smiles spinning around as the sun set's light hits his tan skin making it sparkle he was... gorgeous. It was absolutely breathtaking to Law. " you're really not good for my heart, you know that?" luffy smiles that heart throbbing smile, "you're the best doctor so i think torao can fix it." , "yeah definitely no good."