It did not take long for his call to be answered.

Advertisements

Hearing his voice, Duan Jiayan’s heart twinged a little and he whispered, “You sure picked up fast.”

“I just finished playing a round of cards and you called,” Lu Xingci teased him. “Aren’t you usually playing gaming, with no time to bother about me?”

Duan Jiayan silently curved his lips into a smile. His body was still hurting and he bit on his lips as he tried his best to ignore the pain.

“Isn’t that because there’s nothing else for me to do, so I can only play games.”

He paused, “You seem to be having fun huh? Zhou Xingchen invited some people to go singing a few days ago, did you join them?”

He recalled Lunar New Year’s eve when he had spent the whole night playing games. Lu Xingci knew that he was spending his holidays there and would be fairly unaccustomed to things.

His heart ached slightly for him and so he changed the topic.

“Quite a few relatives came over today and my mom is lacking one person to play cards with so I joined in.” Lu Xingci said. “Tonight I played mahjong, I won quite a sum of money.”

If Lu Xingci said it was quite a sum, then it should really be quite a lot of money.

“That’s awesome Lu-ge, the title of ‘gambling king’ will be yours,” Duan Jiayan could feel his forehead twitching uncomfortably. He rolled around on his bed and casually said, “Then did you get rich overnight? Bring me along.”

The person on the other side agreed, “I’ll buy some clothes for you.”

“It’s alright,” Duan Jiayan was initially just joking, he did not expect Lu Xingci to take him seriously. Duan Jiayan hurriedly added, “Why not buy me a skin, I want Kaisa’s new skin. I’ll take my red packet money and buy you an Akali one.”

Perhaps because he sounded surprisingly flustered, he could clearly hear Lu Xingci laughing.

After he was done laughing, Lu Xingci did not stay on their previous topic and instead asked, “What are you doing?”

“I was playing some games,” Duan Jiayan said. “Then— Ugh!”

A shot of pain suddenly ran up his back, Duan Jiayan could not help violently kicking his leg and shouting out in pain.

Lu Xingci had originally wanted to joke that it seemed as if Duan Jiayan really intended to live inside the game but the moment he heard the unnatural cry of pain, he kept his playful mood and asked worriedly, “What’s wrong?”

He finally heard Duan Jiayan’s reply after a long while.

Perhaps because he was in pain, Duan Jiayan’s voice was trembling slightly. Lu Xingci seemed to get the impression that the other was being wronged.

“My heat is here, so is my stress disorder,” Duan Jiayan huffed, he was in so much pain that he was clutching his bedsheets. “It’s been a while since it happened, I’m a little unused to it.”

Duan Jiayan studied himself as he answered, he could see red rashes slowly appearing on his body.

“How long has it been since it started?”

“I don’t know? It seemed to have started around half an hour ago.” Duan Jiayan was in so much pain that he spoke intermittently.

He paused for a moment before quietly saying, “Say… should I go to the hospital? But the quarantine rooms should be filled during these few days.”