CHAPTER 31

Arnav and Khushi reached beach at evening. There is no large crowd in there, only 10-15 members scattered here and there. Arnav and Khushi holding their hands walk towards the sea shore, letting the waves touch their feet. Arnav circles his arm around Khushi and Khushi rests her head on Arnav's chest, circling her both arms around his torso and admires Sunset.

Khushi - Arnav...

Arnav - Hmmm

Khushi - You know, I was scared of beach?

Arnav looking down and carressing her hair - Why?

Khushi looks up at him - I used to think if we visit beach, our loved ones will go away from us.

Arnav cupping Khushi's face in his palms - You miss your parents so much, right?

Khushi with tears in her eyes just nods her head. Arnav kisses her forehead and hugs her carressing her back. They stay like that for sometime. After few minutes Arnav breaks the silence.

Arnav - Khushi...

Khushi - Hmmm

Arnav - Thank you

Khushi lifts her head and looks at him - Why?

Arnav - For making my life beautiful.

Khushi smiles looking at him.

Arnav - You know Khushi, I never thought you would forgive me so easily.

Khushi - About what?

Arnav - That cynaide incident. Though I know I did it for your safety, I didn't reveal it to you at first. After I told you about my past, I didn't think you would forgive me. If anyone else was in your place, I don't think they would do so. You are so selfless Khushi.

Khushi - Any trauma regarding childhood, is not a small thing that can be neglected. It makes huge difference in one's life. I know how hard it is to overcome such situation.

Arnav sensing something low in her voice.

Arnav - Khushi, are you okay?

Khushi - Yeah..
Saying she rests her head on Arnav's chest again.

Arnav - Are you hiding anything from me?

Khushi was stunned, she lifts her head - No... why?

Arnav - No, I'm just feeling like something's bothering you and you are not revealing it to me.

Khushi - No...nothing like that. I'm fine.
Saying she quickly hides her face in his chest.

Arnav - Khushi, if there's anything like that, please don't hesitate to tell me. I can't see you upset and bothered.

Khushi - Nothing, I'm fine.

Arnav - If so, then it's okay.

They come out of the hug and stand beside eachother, Arnav circling his arm around Khushi's waist. Khushi rests her head on his chest. Meanwhile, an icecream van is passing by, Khushi looks at it.

Khushi - Arnav...

Arnav looking at Khushi - Hmm..

Khushi hesitantly - Wohhh... can you please get me an ice cream?

Arnav cupping Khushi's face - Yes, Ofcourse. But Khushi, why are you being so hesitant? Come on, you can be yourself and ask me anything, infact you have the rights to pass orders to me. Okay. Never feel hesitant to ask me anything.

Khushi nods her head. And Arnav goes to get icecream. Khushi admires the sunset and the waves  she slowly looks around at the beauty of the beach, then she finds a small boy crying at a distance. She slowly walks towards the boy.