CHAPTER 23

Arnav came out of washroom, and saw that Khushi is sitting on bed and thinking something deeply. He went and sat beside her, but she didn't notice him and is indulged in thinking. Arnav circled his arm around her shoulder and Khushi startles and sees him.

Arnav - Relax Khushi, it's me.

Khushi looks at him, straightens her head and again thinks something.

Arnav - Khushi, are you okay? Do you have any cramps?

Khushi nodded signing no.

Arnav holding her chin, he makes her turn towards her.

Arnav - Are you okay? You are bothered regarding something.

Khushi looks into his eyes - Can I ask you something?

Arnav - Yeah sure. You can ask me anything.

Khushi - How did you know that I didn't mix cynaide in Di's milk? How did you find it?

Arnav - After you left leaving your mangalsutra, that evening, Di came to me. She heard our conversation. And she shouted at me. It's the first time that Di called me Arnav, instead of chote.

That Day -

Anjali - Arnav, you didn't do right thing? Do you really feel that Khushiji would've done such thing?

Arnav - Di, why are you taking her side? I very well know that her intentions are different.

Anjali - Arnav, you're going in Jitender Malik's path.

Arnav's shocked seeing his Di claiming him as Malik and he clenched his fists and his eyes turned out red due to anger.

Arnav - Don't compare me with him Di. I'm not like him.

Anjali - Why not? I can clearly see it. He made mamma suffer, eventhough she's not at any fault. She only loved him. And you're also doing the same. You are also punishing someone who is not at fault. But I'm telling you Arnav. You'll definitely regret one day. For sure.

Arnav - No Di. I won't.

Anjali - Then come with me.

Saying Anjali takes him to her room and opens her laptop.

Anjali - Have a look at this.

On the laptop screen there are different angles of CCTV footage of every corner of Raizada mansion.

When they saw kitchen footage.

At kitchen HP kept milk on stove and after boiling it he turned off. That's when Nani called him. He placed a lid on it. And went away from there. After that the  footage skipped to after 15 minutes, the time is visible on the screen, when Khushi came to kitchen and saw a glass of milk. She took it, and came to Anjali.

That 15 minutes where the footage was missing at that time, they checked the missing time footage and Khushi was in hall chatting with Anjali, it was shown in the hall's footage with time, the exact time when the kitchen's footage was missing.

At hall, after chitchatting for sometime (Hall's footage of that 15minutes)

Anjali - HariPrakashji....

Khushi - Di, Do you want anything? Tell me I'll bring it.

Anjali - Khushiji, I've asked HP to bring milk for me. But he didn't yet. Maybe he's in someother work.

Khushi - It's okay Di. I'll bring it.

Saying Khushi went to kitchen, when the footage started to record.