CHAPTER 48

Shyam looking at Manorama - Mami, I'm asking you what are you doing here?

Manorama looking sideways - I came here to meet my friend.

Shyam - Friend? in this area? We don't have any houses nor any cafés here nearby.

Manorama - She sent me wrong location by mistake. Just now she called and told me.

Shyam - Come, I'll drop you there.

Manorama - No, I'm not going. She got some emergency and is going out of town. Let's go home.

Though Shyam notices that something isn't right, he just nods his head and takes her to Shantivan.

After dropping Manorama at Shantivan, he goes to the same place and checks the whole area, and he spots a CCTV on a street. He goes to the police station and asks for the footage where he sees that, Manorama is walking away on the road and in the opposite direction, Shashi is getting into an Auto with his luggage.

After two days -

Shashi reaches, Hyderabad and travels to Anantagiri hills, where he imprisoned Shashank.

To his shock the four bg's whom he appointed to look after Shashank are lying on the floor lifeless, and their bodies rotten. He covers his nose with a hankey and goes in, only to not find Shashank there.

Gritting his teeth, he hits the empty chair with his leg, which falls down.

Shashi - He escaped. But how? The footage is showing that he is here, that too the live one. What happened? How did he escape? He will not leave me now. What to do? What to do?

Sweat starts dripping from his face. And his whole body starts shaking.

He starts from there, to go to Delhi. He has to go to the bus station. To reach the bus station, he is to cross the road. While, crossing the road, a lorry with huge speed comes towards him. He widens his eyes seeing the lorry so close to him. Even before he make a move, there's nothing he could do.

At Hospital -

Khushi is sitting still, not looking at anything in particular. Only Shashank and Arnav are there in the room, as NK got a call, he went to attend it and Ajay  went to meet Bindu to know about Khushi's discharge.

Arnav - Khushi, what happened?

Khushi - Nothing.

Shashank - Then why are you so silent. What are you thinking beta?

Khushi - Just that, does money make a human so heartless, that they don't even think to kill others.

Shashank sighes - Why are you thinking all this now? You should rest. I accept whatever happened is not right, but that doesn't mean you'll keep straining yourself thinking about it.

Khushi with tears in her eyes - But how can he do it?

Arnav sighes, takes a remote and turns on the TV.

Arnav - Uncle, I'm thinking of watching a movie.

Khushi looks at him frowning.

Shashank - Which movie?

Arnav - Tiger 3. It's being premiered for the first time.

Khushi looks at him excited - Really! I didn't watch that movie yet.

Arnav - So, let us watch now.

Only Arnav knows how to divert his wife's mind. He never thought he would be thankful to Salman Khan, normally he doesn't like him at all, as Khushi drools over him. But today for bringing a change in her mood, he need to thank him.