CHAPTER 8

Khushi packed her clothes  and went to the hall.

Anjali - Garima Aunty, why don't you, Payal, and Lavanya come along with us.
We need to purchase jewelry and rings for engagement.

Lavanya - But, why me? I'm not family. You guys carry on.

Anjali - Arey, aise kaise, as your Khushiji's best friend, you are our family too. Please don't say no. Aap aayenge tho acha lagega. Kyun Shyamji?

Shyam - Ha, Rani Saheba ne teek kaha.

Garima insisted Lavanya also to come.

Arnav went to Khushi, took her bag, and smirked at her. Khushi glared at him with anger.

In Arnav's car, Anjali, Payal, and Lavanya sat in the backseat and Khushi in the passenger's seat whereas, Arnav in the driver's seat.

Khushi - Anjaliji, where is Mamaji?

Anjali - Mamaji is on a foreign trip, and he will attend Roka ceremony directly.

Khushi nodded.

In Aakash's car, Nani, Manorama, and Garima sat back, and Shyam sat in the passenger's seat, whereas Aakash in the driver's seat.

They went to the shop, all the lady's were busy in choosing the jewelry, but Khushi was sitting dull, not looking at anything particular. Lavanya went to her, sat beside her, and held her hand. Khushi bent her head on Lavanya's shoulder.

Arnav, who is standing at the corner to pay the bill, observed all this.

Payal went to Khushi - Kya hua Khushi? you look so dull. Tumhara thabir tho teek hai na?

Khushi looked at her - Ha, I'm fine Jiji. Waise, is your shopping over?

Payal - Yes. By the way, what did you choose for yourself?

Khushi didn't choose anything - Woh....

Payal, cutting her words - Ohhh, I think my Jedji has to select, wait,
She turned to the direction where Arnav was standing - Arnavji...

Khushi - Jiji, what are you doing? Why did you call him?

Payal - Wait... I'll tell you na.

Khushi - Jiji, please, okay now, I'm going. Saying so, she got up.

Meanwhile, Arnav came towards them.

Payal - Aapki biwi, she's not knowing what to choose. Why don't you help her?

Khushi looked at her with wide eyes.

Arnav - If she's confused then I can buy the whole shop for her, later she can choose.

Saying so, he looked at Khushi.

Khushi and Lavanya scrunched their eyebrows, whereas Payal stood proud and happy for her sister.

Khushi - No, I don't need anyone's help. I can manage everything. I'm not used to take anyone's help to make my life.

Saying so, Khushi walked away. And Arnav smiled at her.

At night -

The shopping completed late night. Arnav was with the ladies for their shopping, whereas Shyam and Aakash headed to their home, Shyam looked after the wedding arrangements arranging a wedding planner. So, no worries for the family members regarding decorations and invitations.

Arnav called their driver Mohan to pick up Anjali, Mami, and Nani. Whereas he drove Payal and Garima to their home with Khushi beside him.

At Shantivan -