Chapter 64: Alan's Worry About K, ChewTae's 5th Anniversary, & Shocking News

Start from the beginning

"Dinner and a movie."

"Exactly!"

"But we have those a lot."

"Yeah, in the practice room or at the dorms." I groaned. "We released our duet in May of 2021 on RC's 2nd full album. That's two and a half years that's gone by with people knowing we're in a relationship. I'm tired of staying in all the time. I want a real date with you where I get to show the world how lucky I am to have such a beautiful and wonderful girlfriend."

Chewy's face lit up and I knew I succeeded in being romantic.

"You truly are the best boyfriend ever." She said, quickly pecking my cheek to not distract me from driving.

I smiled and grabbed her hand, holding it the whole way to the restaurant. When we arrived, Chewy looked out and I could tell she was nervous. I rushed out and to her aide to help her out of the car, squeezing her hands tightly as we walked inside.

"Don't be nervous." I told her.

"I'm not nervous." She shook her head. "Just worried about seeing our fans. I love them but I want this night to just be us."

"Don't worry." I told her. "Just don't make eye contact with anyone and it will be fine."

When we walked inside and got seated, it was mostly older couples that were there so most of them didn't know us. The younger folk that were inside didn't even seem to pay any attention to us because they seemed on a date themselves, so it was perfect. We weren't bothered once. Meanwhile, at the movie theater, we did get questioned by a couple young girls who knew us but I made it quick and took a picture with them in a secluded area so it wouldn't attract more people. When we got inside the theater, we sat in the very back so nobody would see us and kept our heads down most of the time until the movie started, and we made sure we were the last ones to leave too so nobody could see us. At the end of the night, I took Chewy home.

"I'm sorry this wasn't the night you hoped it would be." I told her, feeling as if the night could have gone better.

"Are you kidding?!" She exclaimed, grabbing my hands with excitement. "Only one group of people recognizing us, even when we weren't trying, has got to be a new record!"

I snickered at her excitement. "So it was okay?"

"It was more than okay." She put her forehead to mine, me having to lean down a little bit. "It was perfect."

"I just wanted to finally experience a real date with you." I told her. "After all it's been five years."

"Well, was it satisfying?" She asked.

"No, because I realized something." I told her, wanting to be romantic again. "Every date with you is a real date, no matter what we're doing. Because I love you and you love me and as long as we're together, that's all that matters."

Chewy smiled and I knew I succeeded once again.

"I truly do love you, Gyutae." She said, leaning in for a kiss.

"I love you too, Chewy." I said before leaning into the kiss myself.

After our romantic moment, we said our goodbyes and she headed inside. I headed home, feeling successful in my special fifth anniversary date with Chewy.

*****

-Saturday, November 4, 2023~12:48PM-

~James's POV~

Everyone was sitting around, mingling like always as we waited for Woohyun. We all knew what this was: the new member ceremony. But we all grew quiet as we saw Woohyun walk through the door by himself.