Chapter 64: Alan's Worry About K, ChewTae's 5th Anniversary, & Shocking News

Start from the beginning

"What are we doing up here?" She said, twirling around as she enjoyed the breeze.

"Just enjoying the view." I lied to her.

I watched as she continued to twirl and she slowly got closer to the edge.

"K, be careful." I inched forward.

But she didn't listen. Her twirls slowly inched her to the edge of the building and I couldn't help but worry. I rushed over and hugged her, stopping her twirls and keeping her from getting closer to the edge. One more twirl and it could have gone wrong.

I expected her to throw a tantrum, push me off, something. But she didn't. We were stuck like that, me holding her for what seemed like a few minutes. Her small and delicate body fit so perfectly in my arms that it felt so natural, normal.

"O-Oppa." K was the first to break the silence.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"I think I'm going-" She started to say then pulled from my embrace and threw up over the edge where below we had nothing but hedges and shrubbery.

Rather than shying away from the grossness, I grabbed her hair and held it back so she wouldn't get any vomit in it. When she was done, which was only two small hurls, she looked at me. I could tell she was embarrassed, the alcohol almost completely out of her system.

"I'm sorry." She said.

I just smiled. "It's okay, want something to eat?"

"I think that would be good." She nodded.

I pulled out the napkin-wrapped bread from my pocket and handed it to her.

"Thank you." She said.

K walked over to the middle of the roof where there was a half wall and sat down, munching on the bread I gave her. I sat down beside her and we were quiet for a few moments. And then K rested her head on my shoulder and I knew that meant she needed the comfort and I was okay with it.

She apologized to me the next day, feeling as if she ruined my birthday but I told her she didn't. In fact, it was a new adventure with someone I realized I enjoyed hanging out with. I learned about a new side of K that day and it was one I realized needed protecting, one I wanted to protect.

*****

-Monday, October 23, 2023~5:17PM-

~Gyutae's POV~

I arrived at Chewy's dormroom and knocked on the door. Seconds later, it opened to a stunningly dressed Chewy; her hair was curled and polished, her face concealing more makeup than normal, her body was slimmed inside a tight blue dress, and she was wearing short heels that made her feel comfortable yet taller.

"Wow." I said in awe. "I still can't believe I'm dating the most beautiful woman on the planet."

"Oh stop." She said, blushing as she grabbed her purse which was hanging right by the door.

"Happy Anniversary, Chewy." I said, handing her the flowers and chocolates I was holding.

She smelled the flowers and smiled at the gifts. "They're beautiful. Thank you."

She took a few minutes to put the flowers in a vase and the chocolates next to it before we headed out. We headed to the car where I helped her get in.

"So where are we going?" She asked as I started driving. "What are we doing?"

"A proper date." I told her.

"What?" She questioned.

"Chewy, what's the most well-known ideal date night for people?"