Come Hell or High Water

Meg knocked on the door in front of Bobby's house as we wrestled in my mind. I had had enough of her dragging me around to everyone I cared about.

"Melanie." Bobby looked around me. "Where's everyone else?"

"You have to help! They're all gone. It started with Sam. We thought we had a trail on him but then Dean and Bee disappeared, too." Meg panicked. 

"Alright, get in here. We'll put our heads together and see what we can do." Bobby opened the door and let me in.

I stumbled a bit as I briefly held control over Meg.

"You okay, Melanie?" Bobby asked. 

"I'm just so overwhelmed." Meg sat down at the kitchen table.

"Let me get you some water," Bobby said. He walked to the fridge and filled up a glass. Once it was full, he sat it in front of me. "Drink up."

Meg seemed hesitant. I slammed her to the ground and grabbed the cup. I guzzled it. Meg fell to the ground choking. "What'd you do?"

"I always add holy water to my drinks," Bobby said. "You can't be too careful. A normal human won't notice. But you aren't a normal human, are you? Don't try to con a con man."

The world went black around me as Bobby's fist collided with my head. 

*****

When I came back, I was tied to a chair in front of the fireplace in the secondary sitting room that Bobby used as an office. Sam, Dean, and Bobby stood around me. Dean's eyes were bloodshot.

"Hey." If looks could kill, Sam would've struck me dead on the spot.

Meg looked up and noticed the devil's trap painted on the ceiling. "Where's Bianca? Is she still sleeping with the fishes?"

"How about I smack that smartass right out of your mouth?" Dean asked.

Meg smiled. "Oh, careful, now. You wouldn't want to bruise this fine packaging. What would Sammy say?"

"Don't worry, this isn't going to hurt Melanie." Sam hoisted a bucket up. "You on the other hand."

I felt nothing as Sam threw the water contents of the bucket over my head. Meg screamed and writhed with pain. 

"Feel like talking now?" Dean asked.

"Melanie's still my meat puppet." Meg smiled. "I'll make her bite off her tongue."

"No, you won't be in her long enough," Sam said. "Bobby."

"Exorcisamus te, omnes in mundus spiritus omnes satanica potestas, omnes incursio..." Bobby read.

"See, whatever bitch-boy master plan you demons are cooking up? You're not getting Melanie. Do you understand me? I'm gonna kill every one of you first," Sam said.

Meg thrashed in the ropes keeping us stuck to the chair. I thought we were going to be able to do it. My joy was short-lived. Meg threw her head back and started laughing manically. Bobby stopped reading.

"You really think that's what this is about? The master plan? I don't give a rat's ass about the master plan," Meg said.

Bobby started reading again. "Humiliares sub potente magnu dei—"

"Oops, doesn't seem to be working." Meg smiled. "I've learned a few new tricks." She lowered my head and finished started a new chant.

The flames roared behind us and the whole room shook.

"This isn't going like I pictured!" Dean yelled over the noise. "What's going on Bobby?"

While Meg was distracted by the incantation, I nodded my head gently at my arm.