Hit Me with Your Best Shot

It took almost all night, but my hair was a nice dirty blonde by the next morning. I was only half surprised that neither of us passed out from the toxic fumes that emanated from the bathroom. The ventilation in this apartment was horrible. I'm glad Bee and I had gotten my deposit back earlier that night.

Dean was still in a coma on the couch when Bee and I exited the bathroom. Sam was nowhere to be seen. A car alarm went off outside. Dean sat bolt upright.

"Morning, sunshine." I tucked my hair behind my ear.

"Well, I guess you'll see if the saying is true." Dean stretched.

"What saying?" Bee asked.

"If blondes really do have more fun." Dean grinned.

I rolled her eyes. "I wouldn't call what we're doing 'fun.'"

"Coffee?" Sam asked as he walked in the door. As soon as his eyes landed on me, he froze.

"Thanks." I sauntered up to him and took a cup from the holder. "Also, if you take a picture it'll last longer."

"You gonna take that, Sammy?" Dean asked.

Sam shook his head and walked into the room. "Dean and I thought we'd scour the walls first thing this morning. You know how Holmes always had traps in there. Maybe Teresa's stuck in one."

"Good call," Bee said. "We splitting up again?"

"Sounds good to me," Dean said.

Before long, Dean and Bee had headed upstairs while Sam and I crammed into the wall downstairs. Sam led and I followed. About halfway through, my phone buzzed.

"Bee says they're almost done with the top floor. They haven't found anything either." I slipped my phone back into my pocket, turning around to make sure it was secure. When I turned back, I nearly bumped into Sam's back. "Why'd you stop?"

"It's too narrow," Sam replied.

"Let me see," I said.

I squeezed my way around Sam. There was some accidental grinding in such a narrow space. Color flushed my cheeks as my body sparked to life as our bodies connected. I focused on the space ahead of me. It was definitely too narrow for Sam's broad shoulders no matter how he moved. I could slip through easily.

"I can make it," I said.

"No way." Sam grabbed my wrist but quickly dropped it not wanting to relive the previous firework show.

"Look, Teresa may be down there. I'm going unless you have a better idea." Sam said nothing. "I thought so."

What looked like a cramped space actually was easy to maneuver. I had at least an inch in front of me when I pushed my back against the wall. I rounded the corner and my phone buzzed again.

"Hello?"

"Where are you?" Sam demanded.

"I'm on the north wall. There's an air duct ahead of me. I'm going to go down it," I said.

"No, stay up here," Sam said.

"We have to find Teresa somehow. I'm going," I said.

"I'm heading to you now. Be careful," Sam said.

"I'll be okay." I rolled my eyes.

I dropped down the vent. It was a shorter fall than I expected The lower level looked the same as the upper part. I pressed on, checking high and low for any signs of life. The further I walked, the more weird noises I heard. As I scanned my surroundings, I noticed ectoplasm pouring from the walls.