Chapter 1

The Genesis of Delusion

                                    WIFE

We met at a place where I shouldn't be spitting hurtful words like this. Don't get any wild ideas we are humans.

When our eyes met we couldn't look away. I swear it felt like I have seen you before, somewhere but I wasn't sure but damn fate it should have told me to run or was it telling me to look at you closely to create a memory that I should avoid you in this life and the afterlife if I dare come back.

But I guess it was human nature to fall and I don't know why we keep on falling knowing perfectly well that falling means getting hurt.
I guess it is human nature again. But this isn't the modern love where couple of chapters makes you awn and wished you were the main character, think before you wish for something like this.

They were the innocent sweet kinda feeling and with my time we meant business. A young woman needs to find a suitable man and get on with the serious part of life... marriage.

I wished I was reckless and that could have saved me. I still have those sweet love letter he wrote but these modern kids of mine read and cringed.
Red flags is just a modern thing, all that you look for was if he was responsible but you only found out early in your marriage and there's nothing to do well most of the long years people have is because they were civilized to tolerate each other.

My time,  nitpicking about red flag was a curse, you're going to be all alone, unmarried and miserable and every misfortune that will occur to you will be as a result of being picky, even death will be as a result of being unmarried.

We were not given the choice, it is either their way or your way which you will come back and they will say I told you so. we were told to be content with whatever you find because someone desperately wants to be in your place and every man has those red flags and some are even worse.
Well my mother was a legend and I guess I should have trusted her blood running through me to do the same or could it be you broke that zeal to even waste my time to find another just like you?

They all wanted a woman that could work under pressure, make something out of nothing like some kind of Wonder Woman.
She must be able to remain submissive angel even when she is placed to work in hell.
They always have their type but dare not a woman say her preference, you are being picky and such people don't have a good record.

But I guess it was an upgrade for me, I was better in picking a life partner than my mom and I wanted the same thing for my offspring but I guess this relationship castrated them.

The real misery started after I do. I am definitely the epitome of something great, I make people envious although they shouldn't be and that somehow was like a curse.
My tears is seen as diamonds that was showered on me, for them to see those tears as real means going naked about your life and you are reminded to think twice because you should be content and grateful.

Romance and love story wasn't that popular at our time but our beginning could have fooled viewers that we had something going on.
After I met you I was warned by a woman you knew so well to stay away from you when she noticed you were being nice to be.
She gave me your story as an evidence to make me stay far away from you.
Could it be she was my future who came to warn me about my decision.
But this is how the story goes, our almost k drama or telenovela story.

The woman pointed out the ring you were wearing on your ring finger and damn I wished you were indeed married.
She said this was a promise you made to yourself never to get married. Your fiancée sent you your ring via your brother over some silly arguments and even with the pleading and the begging she was firm of her decision to end it.
You did nothing wrong but it just happened and no explanation could justify that you did something wrong.

Rumor has it that she found someone new and she needed to drop you.
Was I delusional to think that it was fate? That I will be the one to break that your curse?
Damn it looking at it now we could be selling our stories to the world. It felt like it was meant to be. At the end fate made everything right like it was really meant to be or was it how curse work?

We got married and the truth be told I wasn't the special girl that broke your promise and conquered your untamed heart, I don't wanna even search your heart and find where I belong because I know now.
I thought having you was an upgrade as my father never cared about me but it was all delusions.

A/N: Hello fam it is me again. Like how do I explain this, I guess I have been observing thing and I suddenly got super powers to feel emotions and I got these two characters.
I know how the feel like the tips on my fingers and I am gonna share it with you.
I will be looking for to hearing your story when you got to feel.
It is all about feeling and letting them out. See ya in the next chapters 🫰🏿