Chapter 15: Accidents & Happenings

Beeeeppppp... 

"Shannon.. hey.. WAKE UP" Four shouts.

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING? WAKE HER UP!" Eric shouts.

Beeeeeeepppppp... 

"Shannon.. please don't do this" Tris's muffled voice says.

"Shannon, hey I'm here" I hear Four say as he grabs my hand.

"This isn't working.. we need to prepare to shock her.. she's going into cardiac arrest!" Shauna yells at some of the other nurses.

"Three seconds" another nurse shouts.

"Get ready... and ... clear!" Shauna shouts.

THUMP.

Shannon's POV

I wake up in a place that I've never seen before.. somewhere lighter.

"Hello?" I shout as I sit up from a bed.

There was no answers.

I slowly got out of the bed that I was in and made my way down this long white path.. kind of like a hall at Dauntless.. but white.

I continue walking down this path when I come across a set of twins, a boy and a girl. They were maybe about five years old.

"Hey guys" I say leaning down. "Why are you out here all alone?"

"Because our mommy and daddy don't know about us yet" the boy says back to me.

"What does that mean honey?" I ask.

"Our mommy doesn't want us" the girl says.

"What? Why wouldn't she want you guys?" I ask rubbing their shoulders.

"You tell us" the boy says as he grabs his sisters arm and walks away into the light.

"HEY WAIT-" I yell as I run after them down the path.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

THUMP.

Just then.. I wake up back in Dauntless with beeps all around me.

"Shannon.. guys, she's awake" Four shouts. "Hey.. can you look at me?".

His voice sounded muffled.. I could barely hear anything at all.

"Hey Shannon.. you're gonna be okay honey" Shauna says as she hooks me up to a machine. 

"Hey can you look at me?" Four says as he gently grabs my face and faces me towards him.

I could feel my eyes getting heavy.. I didn't even know who was all there to be honest.

"Guys, she needs to get some rest.. I'm gonna give her some pain meds and take some scans of her stomach for now.. you guys will have to leave" Shauna says getting some meds ready.

"I'm not leaving her" Four says shrugging.

"Four.. she'll be fine.. the bleeding is stopped and she's breathing again, that's all that matters.. what's best for her right now though, is if she gets some rest" Shauna says rubbing his shoulder.

He sighs and looks down.

"Fine.. but please come get me if she goes into cardiac arrest again" he says kissing my forehead.

"I will.. now go get some rest.. you too missy" she says turning to Tris.

Tris nods and rubs my hand as her and Four walk out.

"Eric.. you know the rules" I hear another nurse say.

"I'm a leader here.. I made some of those damn rules" he says sternly.