Chapter 10: The Final Rankings

The next morning I woke up to a bad feeling in my stomach. I jumped out of bed and quickly ran to the bathroom to throw up.

Why did I feel so nauseated?

"Shannon?" I hear a voice say from behind me.

I wiped my mouth off and turned around to see Peter standing there.

Fuck.

"You good?" he asks as he turns on the water to wash his face.

"I'm fine.. I think I just have a stomach bug?" I say flushing the toilet.

"Alright" he says shrugging and walking out.

I shook the discomfort away and started getting ready for the day, but as I was, I kept feeling more and more sick. Thank god we had today off.

~ 10:30 am ~

"Hey Shannon, wanna go out for drinks tonight if we all pass stage 1" Christina says nudging me.

"If we make it" Al mumbles.

"Hey.. don't be like" I say standing up from my bed and hugging him. "You'll be fine.. trust me".

"Let's hope so" he says kissing me.

"Why are you wearing a sweater.. it's not cold in here today" Will says laughing.

"I'm just.. wearing it for style" I say shrugging.

"Well it's a nice style" Tris says smiling.

"Hey guys.. I love all of you.. and I just thought that I needed to say it just in case" Christina says pulling us into a hug.

"Well we know she's not lying" I say laughing.

"Her Candor is showing" Will says shaking his head and kissing her.

"You'll make it babe.. don't worry" I say smiling and kissing Al's cheek.

"If I don't.. it's okay.. I don't regret the time spent with you" he says hugging me again.

"Shut up.. don't fucking talk like that.. are you trying to make me sad" I say sniffling and grabbing his hand.

"Okay love birds.. drinks tonight WHEN we all pass" Will says lightening the mood.

"Oh definitely" I say hugging everyone again.

"It's almost 11.. let's go get some brunch.. I'm starving" Christina says as she throws on her boots.

Oh shit, I have to go.

"Guys I have to go.. like now" I say as I quickly throw on my boots and run out of the dorm.

"Shannon.. where you off to in such a hurry" Lynn asks as I run past her.

"Your sisters, I have to talk to her" I say yelling back at her.

I finally get up to Shauna and Zeke's apartment just in time.

"Shannon.. you're here.. and out of breath?" Shauna says laughing as she opens the door.

"Hey Shannon" Uriah says nodding at me as I walk in.

"Umm hi?" I say confused and looking at Zeke. "Is this-".

"Yep.. Uriah is Divergent too" Zeke says standing up and motioning for me to sit down.

Uriah is Divergent? I would've never seen that coming.

"So.. you're Divergent too?" Uriah asks as he faces me.

"Yeah that's me" I say slightly smiling.

"Yes both of you guys are Divergents okay.. and as of tomorrow.. you guys will need all the help you can get" Shauna says sitting down next to Zeke.