Chapter 6: The Fence

About 4 weeks go by.. I've still been avoiding Eric. I mean of course I would see him at training, but as soon as it was over, I would leave without a trace. I would even run into him in the halls, but like I said, as soon as I would see him, I would turn around. It's kind of like he was trying to avoid me too though because when we would see each other, he would never even glance at me, let along.. try and talk to me.

I did my best to hide what I did to Al from him, but I felt so guilty. I just wish I could tell him the truth.

Anyways.. today we are going for a so called "field trip" to the fence. Four had told me that Eric was staying behind and that made me feel a little bit better.

"Earth to Shannon" I hear Christina say while she waves her hand in front of my face.

I snapped out of it and quickly glanced up. 

"Shit.. sorry" I say slightly smiling.

"We need to get ready, we have to be in the pit in ten" Tris says while tying her hair back.

"Yeah.. yeah okay" I say nervously getting up.

"Hey you okay?" Christina says while putting her boots on.

"Yeah, I think I've just been distracted" I say while throwing a sweater on.

"You've been distracted for almost a month now" Tris says rubbing my shoulder.

"Yeah, are you sure everything's okay?" Christina says throwing an arm around me.

"Honestly girls.. I just can't say" I say looking down.

"That's understandable" Tris says hugging me with Christina.

"Thanks girls, but hey.. we should get going" I say smiling and grabbing their hands, dragging them out of the dorm.

We walk into the pit and I stop in my tracks when I see Eric. Fuck me. I sigh and look down as me and the girls walk past. 

"Hey babe" Al says as he pulls me in for a kiss.

"Hello there you" I say wrapping my arms around him and kissing him more.

"Shannon gross" Four says while walking past.

I pull away from him and he wraps his arm around me as we head over to the rest of the group.

"Alright, let's get going" Four says walking out.

We all head out of the pit and jump onto the train that leads to the fence.

"You okay?" I hear a voice ask from beside me.

It was Edward, he was in first place right now.. we've only talked the odd time when we would pass each other in the halls or be paired up to spar.

"Umm.. I'm fine" I say slightly smiling.

"No your not" he says nudging me.

"How would you know?" I say defensively.

"Woah.. sorry.. I didn't mean to over step there, but if you ever need someone to talk to, I can listen" he says smiling and putting his hand on my shoulder.

"Look.. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to come off mean, I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed I think" I say smiling and shaking my head.

"I can't blame you" he says laughing and leaning up beside me.

"Right" I say laughing and nudging him.

"Hey Shannon" Peter says smirking.

"Oh geez, what do want?" I say rolling my eyes.