Chapter 7: Playing with Fire

The next morning I woke up with my stomach rumbling. I was so hungry for some reason, but then again, I didn't have supper. I rolled out of my bed and looked at the clock, it was only 7 am, training starts at 9.

I decided that I would get ready a little bit early and head down to the dining hall for some quiet.

I put on a loose fitting black shirt, some black jeans, a sweater and my combat boots. I then made my way over to the bathroom and put on some mascara and eyeliner to brighten up my face a little bit. 

I looked at myself in the mirror one last time and made my way down to breakfast.

I got to the hall and could smell eggs cooking. I didn't like it at all. I quickly ran to a near by bathroom and threw up. I don't know what was wrong with me, but I just hated that smell.

"Shannon?" I hear a voice from behind me.

"Shit" I mumble to myself.

I turn around to see Four making his way towards me.

"Are you okay?" he asks as he leans down and pulls my hair to the side.

"I- I'm fine.. I just can't handle the smell of eggs right now" I say wiping my mouth.

"Stay here, I'm gonna go get you some water" Four says as he stands up and walks away.

What the fuck? Why do I feel like this?

I ignore my thoughts and just lean up against a near by wall while I bury my head in my knees.

"Hey.. I'm back.. here" Four says as he hands me a bottle of water and sits down next to me.

I take a sip of the water and set it down next to me.

"Did you maybe eat something bad last night at dinner?" Four asks as he rubs my back.

"No.. I didn't eat anything, maybe it's just hormones" I say slightly laughing and standing up.

He laughs and shakes his head. 

"Come on" he says as he wraps his arm around me and walks out of the bathroom.

We walk back into the hall and sit at our usual table. I grab a blueberry muffin and some vanilla yogurt to eat.

"Is that all you're gonna eat Shan, I think you should eat some hash browns at least" Four says taking a bite of his eggs.

"I'm okay Four really.. I'll eat more at lunch.. I promise" I say smiling and biting into my muffin.

"You better" he says rolling his eyes.

I continue eating when the rest of the initiates start arriving.

"Hey Shan" Tris says hugging me and sitting down.

"Why do you always get up so early?" Christina says sitting on the other side of Tris.

"I don't know, I just like being alone sometimes" I say laughing.

"Weirdo" Will says sitting across from me.

"Shut up dude.. good morning babe" Al says kissing me and sitting down next to Will.

"So... only a few days left of stage 1, how we feeling guys?" Four asks.

"Confident" I say smiling.

"Decent I guess" Tris says.

"I'm with Tris" Al adds.

"You guys need to have faith in yourselves, I'm feeling pretty good" Christina says throwing her arm around Tris.

"Yeah same" Will says as he takes a bite of his hash browns.