Chapter 17 - Caught, Again.

Start from the beginning

I look out the window to see both cars back. I jumped out of the bed and rushed to put on my bra and underwear. "Oh sh*t"

Oliver rolls over. "You okay, babe?"

"Babe, your mom and sister are back." I say.

He jumps out of the bed and puts pants back on. I picked up my shirt and pants before there was a kock on his bedroom door. We share a look before he shoves me in his closet and shuts the door.

I hear outside. His mom walks in. "Hey Ollie, you awake?"

"Mom! You're home early!" He says. I cringe. He sounds so guilty.

"Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you they cut it a day short because the manager got sick. What are you not happy to see me?" She asks sarcastically.

"Uh, no, I am! Just unexpected."

"Well, I did your laundry because you never got around to it. Here I'll hang up your shirts." She says, getting closer to the closet. I panic and try to put my clothes on quickly.

"NO! I mean, no! I'll do it. I am a mature teenager mom." He says.

"You're so silly. Let me do it!" She says. She opens the closet.

I hid behind the door, holding my breath. She hangs up his clothes and walks out. That was a close one. She walks out of his room, and he opens the door to the closet.

"Babe?" He says.

I walk out from behind the door. We both laugh.

"That was so close!" I say.

"I didn't think she was coming home so early. Here, let's get you out of here." He says while putting on a shirt.

He opens his window and jumps onto the roof. He holds out a hand.

"Hell no." I say. He laughs.

"Come on, it's the only way out. You won't get hurt. I promise." He says.

I walk over to him and get on the roof. It's not too far of a jump since the roof was a bit below the window of that makes sense. He counted us down, and we jumped.

"Okay, I'll see you later!" He says and kisses me for a few seconds.

I run down the street laughing. I love my boyfriend. I get back to my house and enter the pin to the door. 

There was a car on the driveway. It was Jesse's. I sigh. Time to die. I say to myself. How do I always get caught? I really got to get better about this stuff.

I slowly opened the door, just in case Jesse came over just to hang out. Which is most likely not the case.

I look to the living room and see Jesse and Mouse on the couch. Maybe I'm not in trouble?

"Where have you been?" Mouse asks.

"Uh, just on a run! Yeah, a run!" I say. I slap myself internally.

"In jeans? And boots?" Jesse says.

"Yeah?" I say, scratching the back of my neck. They stand up.

"Save it. We know where you were." He says, pointing to the couch.

I hate that couch.

I sit down. "How did you know?" I say with my head down.

"Sandra across the street told us." He says.

D@mn you Sandra.

"I don't even know what to do with you right now." He scoffs.

I keep my head low. I knew this was a bad idea.

"What has gotten into you!?" Mouse asks.

"I don't think this new boyfriend of yours is a good influence." Jesse says.

"No! Don't say that about him! I love him!" I yell back.

"Sit your ass down!" Mouse says.

"Look, I know I did something wrong. But it wasn't that bad?" I say.

Mouse laughs sarcastically. "Are you kidding me right now?! Sneaking out and sleeping with a boy behind my back then lying to me is 'not that bad'?!" He says.

"How did you?" I ask.

"Because I'm not an idiot Elizabeth. I was your age once." He says.

"When I told you i was gonna let you have more freedom, this is NOT what I meant. You need to understand I am in control here, not you. Do you know how terrifying it is waking up and realizing your little sister is gone? Lying to me is not acceptable. It would be different if you told me and you weren't grounded in the first place!" Mouse explains.

"I know, I'm sorry." I say.

"No, you're not, or you wouldn't have done it in the first place." Mouse continues.

"I am sorry! I knew it was wrong. I dont know why I did it." I say back.

"We put locks on your windows. You're are to go no where except school and home and you are most certainly not seeing any friends or having any over. Do you understand me?" He says.

"Yes." I say my voice cracking.

"Can I go to my room now?" I say.

"No. I want you out here so I can keep an eye on you. Let me see your phone please." He says.

"Mouse, this isn't fair. You're not my dad. You're just my brother. You don't understand my point of view." I say calmly so I don't get into more trouble.

"Elizabeth. Every part of this is fair. If I did something like that as a kid, I would've gotten beaten. And for the record, I am legally your guardian now." He says.

"Can I at least text Oliver and tell him I won't be able to text him all week?" I ask.

"Nope." Mouse says, sitting back down on the couch next to Jesse.

I was so mad and upset. If Oliver didn't recommend doing this in the first place, none of this would've happened. I felt like I was being forbidden from expressing my feelings.