Episode Two: Smoke and Mirrors

EPISOOOODE TWO BABYYYY

I'm so excited to really get into this story-- sometimes it can be a bit slow/boring starting out, so I try to do my best to keep it lively ;-; I hope you've been enjoying it so far <3

Be ready for Bigby to be an ass to everyone in the next two chapters LMAO--

...
..
.

Upper West Side Precinct, the Following Afternoon

The image of (Y/N)'s decapitated head haunts Bigby's mind, all his thoughts of events that took place hours ago. He hadn't slept, unable to see anything besides the gruesome image of (Y/N)'s head every time he closes his eyes. He felt numb and his stomach was twisted into knots, the man struggling to process this was real. That she was truly gone. Mental images of (Y/N)'s head sitting on the steps, the red and blue flash of the nearby police cars, the indistinct shouting from officers ringing in his ears and the images haunting his every thought.

But what affected to him most was the smell. She hadn't smelled right. Her perfume was mixed strongly with the scent of death and blood, but something was off that he couldn't place. It didn't smell like her. At the current moment, he couldn't place what was off-- he didn't want to think about it too long, his heart aching painfully in his chest as he stares lifelessly down at his lap with red, slightly puffy eyes.

"Mr. Wolf!"

Bigby snaps out of his daze with a jump, heavy bags under his eyes and the lines in his face more visible with his stress as he looks around hastily. The police interrogation room he was in was small, the walls painted a caramel brown and the flooring a dark wood. A glass he couldn't see through was to his left, a table in front of him and a woman siting across from him.

He returns his gaze down to the photo on the wooden table he was sitting in front of, the photo of (Y/N)'s decapitated head taken on the scene.

The woman sitting across from him, a mundy police detective named Kelsey, sets her hand on the photo and slides it away from him, noticing his reaction. The woman had short brown hair and pale skin, her cheeks covered in freckles and eyes a dark shade of brown. She wore a dark green blazer and white collared undershirt, a pen in her hand and a notepad beside her and a camera set up beside her recording.

"You're making this more difficult than it has to be," she states in a calm voice, flicking her pen in her hand.

Bigby silently glares up at the woman, refraining from snarling at her as he instead grabs his pack of cigarettes from the table and pops one out.

"If you'd just cooperate and answer the questions, you can go home."

He shoves the cigarette in his mouth as he slumps back in his seat, appearing visibly exhausted and haunted. He lights the cigarette using his lighter, the woman observing his facial features.

"Maybe get some sleep," she tries to encourage him to talk, tilting her head. "How are you feeling? I know it's been a long night for you..." she trails off for a moment. "You look like you could use some rest."

Bigby's jaw ticks as he scowls darkly, the end of his cigarette illuminating his features as he lowers his head to glare at her. "I'm feelin' pretty fucking pissed right now, if I'm honest," he practically growls out, lowering his cigarette from his lips to exhale the smoke. "I'd like to smash everything in this room."

Kelsey's eyebrow raises as she leans forward, seemingly a bit amused. "Is that a threat?"

"Depends on how much you like the furniture," Bigby snarkily responds as he smiles bitterly, wanting nothing more than to break the table and everything else within 5 feet of him.