Toad's Apartment

This is a bit of a shorter chapter ;-; I apologize

I FELT SO BAD SEEING TJ WAS HURT OMGGG-- I've never gone to Lawrence's first before ;-; But I still like that I could save his character-- I just feel bad for the kid being involved in Tweedle's dumbassery bullshit

...

..
.

The Woodsman's Apartment, around Noon

"How are you feeling?" (Y/N) softly questions as she and Bigby walk along the sidewalk, the sun now high in the sky and the streets bustling with people. She reaches up, carefully and tentatively touching the back of his head, the bump already going down. "Any dizziness?"

Bigby lets out a soft huff of mock exasperation, shaking his head in response as she fusses over him. Though, secretly, he enjoyed the attention, having to resist leaning into her hand feeling the back of his head like an overgrown pup. The two approach the familiar apartment building, Snow waiting outside and standing by her car parked across the street.

Snow notices the two, raising her hand as she begins to make her way across the road. "Over here!"

(Y/N) glances over at the sound of her voice, lowering her hand from Bigby's head as he visibly frowns, almost pouting as she turns her attention to Snow.

"Sorry we kept you waiting," (Y/N) apologizes with a small, apologetic smile, "Things got... complicated. We'll fill you in later."

Snow nods at this with a faint smile, her eyes flicking to the side when she notices the severely damaged car. "Wonder what happened here...?"

Bigby appears sheepish as he looks away, (Y/N) letting out a soft snort as she shakes her head.

"Uh, Bigby and the Woodsman sort of ended up going out the window during a heated, uh, argument, and, well... Bigby landed on Toad's car."

"Oh," Snow blinks owlishly as her eyes flick to the smashed up car, carefully avoiding stepping on glass. "You guys made a real mess," she comments with a soft chuckle of amusement, glancing up to the broken wall."

Bigby cringes as he looks up at the damaged building, "Yeah... it looks worse in the day."

"Wow," (Y/N) blinks rapidly, looking over the glasses window, a large chunk of wall missing as well next to the broken window. "I didn't even notice how bad it was."

Snow looks up to the apartment, shaking her head after a moment, "Doesn't seem like anyone's here..."

"Whoever was probably left a long time ago," (Y/N) replies with a soft sigh, frowning.

"Either that, or Toad's wasting our time," Bigby grumbles under his breath, walking up the steps and pushing the door open.

(Y/N) walks into the tiny lobby followed by Snow, their expressions both becoming concerned when they hear the sound of distant, muffled sobbing from down the hall.

"Alright, son, alright... he's gone," Toad's muffled voice comforts as the three approach the apartment. "He's left. It's over now..."

Snow briskly approaches the apartment door first, (Y/N) glancing to Bigby with concern as she follows, the man's expression hardened as he approaches as well.

"Is... that his son?" Snow softly questions the two, the sound of sniffles and crying coming from inside the apartment.

"Sounds like it," (Y/N) quietly replies with a nod, frowning with concern at the crying. "Okay..."

Bigby tries to step forward to knock, Snow giving him a quick, wary look.

"Be nice in there... okay?" Snow speaks apprehensively as she frowns, Bigby pausing as he looks to her.