Murder in Fabletown

CHAPTER TWO BABBYYYY

I'm sooo excited to be writing again! :D I'm just a bit worried about my busy schedule at the moment. But I want to write! It's so much fun ;-; I'll be sure to give myself small breaks if I need to to ensure that I don't burn out.

Anyway! Onto the chapter!

...
..
.

The Woodland Luxury Apartments, LATE in the evening

Bigby and (Y/N) walk side by side down the sidewalk, Bigby walking along the side closest to the street. A mundy police car drives by, Bigby's eyes following the vehicle as they continue down the sidewalk, approaching a beautiful, fenced in apartment complex. Bigby's face had been cleaned up by (Y/N), who had used her once clean handkerchief despite his protests of possibly ruining the fabric. He still had a bruise lingering on the side of his head, but it was healing quickly thanks to his Fable and wolf blood, his knuckles also covered in dark bruising.

The two approach the gate leading into the courtyard of the Woodland Luxury Apartments, (Y/N)'s eyes lingering on the plaque as she softly sighs.

"You know, I wish they didn't broadcast these were luxurious apartments. Way to put a target on the building," she comments with a shake of her head, Bigby letting out a soft chuckle of amusement as he nods his head in agreement.

(Y/N) pushes the gate open to the courtyard, yawning softly as she stretches. Bigby softly clears his throat as he enters the courtyard after (Y/N), his hand tucked casually in his pocket as he glances around the area.

The grass lining along the path was neatly trimmed and a vibrant, healthy green, the path itself completely clear of any leaves or dirt. The bushes and trees along the grass were well taken care of, a small plaque reading STAY OFF THE GRASS! residing along the side of the path.

(Y/N) approaches the apartment building with a tired sigh, Bigby walking alongside her as the two remain in a content silence. She enjoyed that they didn't have to constantly be engaged in conversation, both comfortable enough to enjoy the quiet in one another's presence.

She comes to a stop when she hears rustling coming from a nearby bush, her body tensing as she quickly looks over to the source. Bigby hears it as well, his eyes narrowing as he instinctively shifts closer to (Y/N). They see nothing but shrubs and the trees, but they know better.

"Whoever's out there, come out. Sign says stay off the grass, and I don't think you'd like being lectured by Snow," (Y/N) calls over to the tree with a frown, crossing her arms over her chest and tilting her head as her eyebrow lifts.

A familiar figure steps out from behind the tree, making Bigby relax and (Y/N) exhale a soft breath of relief. The woman had long, wavy blond hair and gentle blue eyes, her skin pale, a stark contrast to the black leggings and dark red overcoat she was wearing.

"No, I really wouldn't," Beauty agrees with a weak chuckle, hugging herself as she carefully makes her way towards the two. "Hello, you two."

She steps over the plaque in her heels, (Y/N) offering her hand and helping her steady herself as she steps onto the path.

"I... wasn't expecting anyone," Beauty clears her throat as she looks to the side nervously, her arms still hugging herself as she shifts her weight on her feet. "I know this... looks a little odd, but there's an explanation, I swear."

"Oh, this should be good," (Y/N) replies with a hint of sarcasm as she looks to Beauty, shaking her head.

"You're out pretty late," Bigby comments with a raised brow, Beauty visibly nervous as she frowns.