Chapter nineteen

Panic attack + emetophobia warning

Later that day Ivy and Conrad were in the pool while everyone else was floating around outside. Ivy had her legs wrapped around Conrad's waist under the water.

Her head was leaned against his chest as his arms were wrapped around her shoulders.

"God, you smell amazing." Conrad said as his face was in her neck. She laughed slightly and looked up from his chest.

"I love you." She spoke in a whisper. "Thank you for being here. I don't know how I would get through today without you."

"I'll always be here. I promise. If it gets too much you just tell me and we can leave okay?"

She just nodded and placed her head back onto his chest. He leaned down and pecked her head with a kiss.

~

After a while of being in the pool Ivy decided to get out. She untangled herself from Conrad and dunked under the water to smooth out her hair. She came back up and headed towards the stairs.

Conrad whined slightly at the loss of contact. He followed behind her closely, slapping her ass as she climbed the steps.

"Conrad. Not in front of all these adults."

He smiled at her and grabbed a towel from the chair. He whipped it out in front of him and hit Ivy in the stomach.

"Ow!" She laughed.

"Oh come on. That did not hurt."

"Oh, so you want me to do it to you?"

"Uh, no. I didn't mean it." He started running as she grabbed hold of a second towel. She chased after him trying to whip him with her towel.

Conrad finally stopped after they did a full lap around the pool and turned to face Ivy. She ran into his arms and hugged him.

"God that was exhausting." She sighed out of breath.

"Mmhmm." He hummed out as he swayed them back and forth.

They broke apart and dried themselves off after a minute. Ivy pulled on a purple dress over top of her bikini, as Conrad put on a pair of shorts and a white shirt.

They made their way inside with their hands linked.

"What are you guys making?" Conrad asked Belly and Jere as they walked in.

"Pomegranate margaritas! But with a twist." Belly answered as she held up a container.

"Well you gotta use the good blender." Conrad said as Ivy sat next to Jeremiah.

"Oh. I haven't used that thing since the great Kool-Aid debacle of 2011." Jere spoke up.

"I remember, the counters were sticky for two summers?" Conrad laughed.

"Yeah. Just about. Dad kept his, uh, briefcase in my room for a year. 'As reminder that all mistakes are not reversible.'" Jere remembered.

"Wait, won't he be mad if he finds out?" Isabel asked.

"Well he's not gonna find out. He's not coming." Conrad smirked.

Conrad poured in the ingredients with Belly's help. Ivy just sadly looked at it, thinking about how she's not going to be allowed alcohol for a whole nine months.

As the ingredients were mixing Conrad jokingly took his hands off the top, sending Jere and Isabel into panic.

"No! Keep your hands on it." They laughed.