Chapter ten

Later on that morning, Ivy was spread out on the bed with Conrad walking around the room. He was getting things ready to go and see Cleveland.

Ivy was lazily watching him as he moved about the room. She had his hoodie on over her swimsuit, hoping to go swimming later on.

"Conrad." She whined out softly.

He laughed at her and looked over. He saw that she had her arms out expecting him to come over. He chuckled and got on his knees straddling her.

"Oooh, I like this position." She smirked up at him.

"Stop it." He playfully said. He kissed her on the cheek and got back up. She immediately protested trying to pull him back.

"Come on darling, you know I have to go see Cleveland."

"Booo."

He laughed at her complaint and grabbed his bag. He offered his hand out towards her. She grabbed it with a pout and hoisted herself off the bed.

They walked down the stairs holding hands and walked to the front door.

"Okay, I gotta go." Conrad said.

Ivy hugged him tightly then let him leave.

She walked into the kitchen cautiously, never having been in the house without Conrad somewhere nearby. As she entered the room she saw Susannah sitting at the counter looking kind of sad.

"Hey Susannah!" She walked up towards her and sat down.

"Oh, hi Ivy." Susannah sounded like she was in pain. Her cancer was back and she was trying her hardest to hide it from everybody. She wanted to give them one last final summer of normal.

"Are you doing okay?" Ivy asked softly.

"Oh yes. Just a little tired is all."

"You should go get some rest. I can get things cleaned and everything."

"Oh I couldn't ask that of you sweetie. You're supposed to be on vacation."

"So are you." Ivy responded slyly.

"Oh alright. If you're sure it's not too much trouble."

"Of course it isn't. You should go get some rest." Ivy kindly smiled at her.

Susannah got off her stool and wrapped Ivy up in a big hug. Ivy instantly felt a tug at her heart. She knew what was wrong with Susannah, she just couldn't say anything.

Ivy smiled as she walked back through the kitchen and up the stairs. She changed out of Conrad's sweater and into a tank top. She went back downstairs and got to work.

She cleaned the whole kitchen and even prepped some food. She set out some snack foods for everyone to enjoy.

~

Ivy was sat on the couch watching tv when the door opened and she was hit with the sound of laughter. She turned her head and saw Jere, Isabel, and an unknown face walk through the door.

She got up and walked towards them.

"Hi, you must be Taylor! I'm Ivy." She greeted Taylor excitedly.

"Uh, Hi." Taylor answered shortly.

Ivy frowned and back away towards Jeremiah. He instantly wrapped his arm around her and smiled brightly.

"Um, there are some snacks in the kitchen if you guys want any." Ivy spoke with a small smile. She couldn't understand why she was stupid enough to believe Belly's best friend would like her.