Chapter one

Ivy has never been more excited than she was in this moment.

She was sat next to Conrad in the front seat of his car. They were on the way to his beach house in Cousins. She was so happy, singing along to every song on her playlist.

"We're about ten minutes away, gorgeous" Conrad spoke as he turned the volume down a few notches.

Ivy's smile instantly brightened.

"I'm so excited. I can't wait to meet the Conklins. From everything you've told me, they sound like an amazing family. I hope Isabel will like me, I love making new friends. Do you think she'll like me?"

Ivy rambled on while conrad looked at her like she was the only person in the world. His eyes were so full of love and contentment, even if they haven't said the famous "L" word to each other yet.

"Ivy slow down" Conrad said while slightly laughing at his fidgeting girlfriend. "They're all gonna love you, I promise."

"Are you sure? Because sometimes I come off a little strong, like when I first met you. That was bad, i'm still sorry about that. I totally did not mean to spill my juice on you."

Conrad laughed at the memory and shook his head.

"I'll make sure you don't have a juice box in your hand this time, don't worry."

Ivy sighed and looked out the car window. She had never been on vacation before, her parents always too busy to pay attention to her.

~

Conrad's car turned into the driveway, Ivy instantly seeing Susannah's car parked up ahead. She started getting nervous, scared of entering a new environment.

"Okay we're here." Conrad spoke with a soft voice, a small smirk planted on his face.

Ivy quickly unbuckled and hopped out of the car. She did a little spin just taking in the beautiful summer sky.

"It's so pretty here."

"I know, almost as pretty as you."

"Conrad stop, you know I don't like compliments."

"Yeah, but I just can't help it around you."

Ivy's face turned a soft pink colour, as she walked towards Conrad and gave him a hug.

"Conrad, Ivy you made it!"

They heard Susannah's voice call out from the front door. She came towards them with a big smile on her face.

"Hey mom."

"Did you guys have a nice drive, everything go okay?"

"It was amazing Susannah, it's so beautiful here." Ivy answered still in shock of being away from the boring town of Boston.

"I'm glad you like it so far, let me give you a tour of the house. Conrad will you be a dear and grab the bags?" Susannah asked Conrad with a grin, side-hugging Ivy and leading her inside.

Ivy looked back at Conrad with a small smile, mouthing "sorry" to Conrad.

He just smiled at her and walked towards the trunk of his car.

~

As Ivy and Susannah entered the house they heard thumping from upstairs.

Jeremiah came running down the stairs and tackled Ivy into a big hug.

"Ivy! I missed you so much!"

"Jere, I saw you yesterday!" She said with a laugh, as Jeremiah squeezed her tightly.

"I know.... But that's too long!" He spoke with a small pout, as he finally let her go and catch her breath.

"You are so dramatic Jere."

"Pshhh I don't believe that."

"mmhmm, whatever you say."

They both smiled at each other and walked towards the kitchen.

"Are you hungry Ivy?" Susannah asked kindly, while she was cutting up some fruit. She decided to just go to the kitchen instead of dealing with Jeremiah's hyper mood.

"I'm okay right now, thank you though. We stopped for food not that long ago."

"Alright sweetie, well just let me know and I can make you something."

Ivy smiled big, finally feeling excepted in a family.

"Can someone help me back here!?"

They heard Conrad scream as there was a lot of banging, and a few quiet curses.

Ivy ran down the hall and started cracking up instantly.

"Ivy this isn't funny, help me!"

Ivy couldn't say anything, just laughed at Conrad's face as he struggled to fit the bags in the door frame.

She finally calmed a little and went over to help her boyfriend. She took a few bags out of his hand and backed up for him to enter.

"Jesus Ivy, how much stuff did you bring."

"Just the necessities." She smirked and looked innocently up at him.

~

After they got settled in their room they went back downstairs and sat on the couch.

"Connie why don't you go show Ivy the beach, go for a little swim?" Susannah suggested as she was walking around cleaning everything she could see.

Ivy picked her head up from Conrad's chest and looked at him with a glimmer in her eye.

"Can we please? I love swimming."

"Sure."

Ivy jumped up from the couch and ran up the stairs towards their shared room.

"You got really lucky with that one Connie." Susannah spoke as she walked out of the living room.

"I know mom, I know."