Leaving LA

Two days have passed since Ben and I became official. Ben got an apartment in downtown for the rest of his time here in his tournament. These past two days we have been hanging out here and there, he has been practicing a lot and yesterday Ben had a lunch with one of his old buddies.  I still have been reaching out to Taylor, but still no response. I want her to know how sorry I am and want her to forgive me like Ben did. James has also stopped reaching out to me. I think he's realizing to let it go. Which is best for both of us. This morning, I packed my luggage and threw on sweats and a hoodie hoping to not get noticed at the airport by the paparazzi.

Ben: Are you all packed?

Sara:  Uh yea just about!

Ben: Great, we should leave for the airport in 5

Sara: Yea good thinking

I then do a final look around my house and then lock it up. It is kind of bittersweet going to New York, although I have this great opportunity, I also am going to miss LA so much, and Ben. But I think I'm due for a fresh start.

After driving for about 20 minutes we arrive to LAX. Ben grabs my luggage for me and walks me to the front of security.

Sara: "Wow, well I guess this is it"

Ben: " Yeah I guess it is"

The silence between us speaks volumes, a language of shared glances and hesitant smiles. I want time to freeze this moment.

Ben: "I'll miss you," he says, and the weight of those words hangs in the air

Sara: " I will miss you too" I say with a singular tear rolling down my face. I wipe it really fast and turn my head as I hear the final boarding call. We hug one last time. and then I get on the plane.

I then get on the plane and then sit down in my aisle seat of the plane. Before I lose cell service during the flight I do a quick social media check on my phone. As I am scrolling through Instagram I see a headline with a picture of a guy that looks like Ben. I click on it to see the headline " Tennis Pro Ben Shelton Spotted at lunch with Taylor Snow"

" what?" I say quietly

A million questions start to run through my head. What does this mean? Why was Ben with Taylor? Is this the "friend" he went to lunch with? Why wouldn't he tell me he was going to see Taylor? What is going on?!
With my mind all scrambled people keep making their way down the plane aisles, but then someone stops right at my row. I look up to see why this person is just standing here. Until they speak in a soft tone

" Hey Stranger"

Sara: " Oh shit."