Birthday

Today is my birthday and I am so excited!! Taylor texted me and said she has big plans but wont tell me what it is. All she said was "be ready by noon and an uber will pick you up." Its 10 am and I start getting ready she didn't say what attire, im just going to assume formal because i just love getting dolled up! I decide on wearing a pale yellow long slip dress with my hair in a high ponytail.
The clock strikes 12 and I go out to my uber outside my house. I get in and the driver starts driving.

Sara: " So where are you dropping me off?"

Driver: " Uh A woman named Taylor said I am not suppose tell you sorry mam."

After driving for about 15 minutes the car stops in front of a huge mansion in the Hollywood hills. I get out of the car and approach the front door and knock. It sounds pretty quiet.

" Come in"
the voice sounds like Taylor
I open the door and the room is filled with 100 people that jump up and yell "SURPRISE!"
Its a surprise party! For me! I shriek in excitement. I am so happy. I walk up to Taylor

Sara: "I can't believe you put all of this together!"

Taylor: " Yeah it took a few months of prep, but it was all worth it right?"

Sara: "Definitely!!"

Its mid party and I am having so much fun mingling with all of my friends and dancing . Although this party seems to have everything its missing something. Ben.
I wish he could be here I miss him so much. I send him a selfie with some of my friends and say "wish you were here!"
I go to the backyard that looks over. the city with a huge infinity pool that takes up most space. I stand looking out at the view when I get a tap on my shoulder
" hey stranger"
I look up its James. Great.

Sara: " Hey"
lp aww
James: " Happy Birthday Sara" he says with a small grin

Sara:" Thanks"
i start to slowly walk away. As he grabs my arm

James: " Hey Im really sorry for the other night. I dont know what got into me. Please forgive me, pleasseeee he says with a pouty face"

Sara: "whatever"
i continue walking around the pool looking out at the view ignoring him from behind me

" ZZZZZZZZ"
i look around and hear this buzzing noise.

". ZZZZZZZ"
it gets louder. I look around and then flying near my face is a wasp
"ahh!"
I try to swat it away and start stumbling until i lose my balance

"Splash!

I fell in the pool!

"Sara!" james yelled

i look up while in the pool. he grabs my arms and pulls me out.

James: " Are you okay?"

Sara:"yeah im fine"
i say while soaking wet.

James:" lets get you dry"
he says leading me to the kitchen
we walk into the kitchen and i am soaked dropping water all over the slippery floor. he leaves the kitchen to go get me a towel. I am so embarrassed.

James: " Here you go"
he walks back in with a towel and wraps it around my body. Hes facing me and while wrapping the towel around me, he pauses.

Sara: " What is it?"
I say in confusion as to why he is just staring at me with his arms frozen on mine.

James: " Oh uh nothin, (sighs) just nothin"

I give a funny face, and want to get back to the party, but I cant. I just can't our eyes are both into each other's gaze.

The front door starts to creak open and my eyes return to normal and look at who is coming in through the door

Sara: " Ben!"
I shriek as a run to the door. I am so surprised he is here right now.

Ben: " Hey babe, why are you soaking wet?"

Sara: "Oh its nothing I just fell in the pool right now. But hold on, How are you here!?"

Ben: "well Taylor told me about your party and asked if I could surprise you, so I booked a last minute flight, and Im staying through the week here in LA"

Sara:"omg Im so excited"
I wrap my arms around his neck and give him a huge hug

Sara:" Well let me show you around and introduce you to everyone"

As we start to walk through I immediately notice James is not in the kitchen anymore, I wonder where he went?

We head back outside and I introduce him to all of my friends. For the rest of the day we have a blast until the sun goes down and the guests leave. Now it is only Myself, Taylor, James, and Ben

Taylor:" Did u have a blast or what?"

Sara: " Taylor thank you so much this was the best birthday"

Taylor: " Anything for my bestie"

Sara: " It was seriously so much fun, I can't believe its over already"
i say with a little frown
Taylor looks past me with a smirk on her face

Ben: "Well it's not quite over yet"
I turn around to Ben who is waving car keys signalling " lets get out of here"
I look back to Taylor and she does a little shoo with her hand.
Ben and I head out the door and he opens his car door for me.
Sara: " Where are we going?"
Ben: " It's a surprise"
Sara: " ugh fine!"

After driving for about ten minutes we arrive to the Griffith Observatory.  We park and it is at peak sunset with the glowy pink and orange sky reflecting on our skins.
Sara:" This is beautiful, best gift ever"
I place a gentle kiss on his lips

Sara: " This week is going to be so much fun. I have big plans" i say with a big grin

Ben: " and that would be?"

Sara: "Welll tomorrow night Taylor is throwing her annual Halloween Party at her house. She goes all out!  and she told me that the guest list is doubled this year. It's going to be insane!"

Ben: " Sounds fun! What is your costume?"

Sara: "Well I was planning on going as Wonder Woman but now that your here I want to do a couple costume!"

Ben: " Couple costume huh"

Sara: " Well uhh not a couple costume exactly but a matching costume would be nice"

Ben: He chuckles " I would love to wear a matching costume" he says and then leans in to kiss me.

While we kiss all I can think about is how he hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend yet. At this point we are practically a couple, I'm getting tired of this whole "no title" situation and when people ask about him not knowing what to call us. I really thought he was going to ask me out tonight.

Ben: " Hey I have some news, I got accepted for the LA Open and Im going to actually be here for a little while"

Sara: " Omg so you're not only here for the weekend?"

Ben: " Nope, Im staying for a few weeks"

Sara: " Yay!!"

As the night grows and the pink skies fade into a dark gray purple shade we arrive back to my house where he gets settled in for the weekend. After he unpacks we both crawl into my bed a go to sleep right away after this long and amazing birthday.