At the Event

I just arrived at the event and I Am wearing a long black sparkly strapless dress with my hair in a slick back bun. As I walk in I am overwhelmed by the crowd, the people here are dressed so nice! I decide to head over to the bar.

Sara: One margarita please!

Bartender: Coming right up!

As I sip my drink I scan the room looking at all of the people here. There are so many familiar faces but Im too anxious to go chat it up with a bunch of people right now. I wish Ben was here

. As I am pondering a familiar face approaches the bar.

James: Another shot my friend!

he says in a slurred tone

Bartender: Alright! You pacing yourself bud?

James: Of course I am!!

Sara: James?

He turned his head and had a face of disbelief on himself.

James: Sara??? No Way! What are you doing here!!!

he says quite loudly

Sara: What do you mean? Taylor is my bestfriend of course Im going to be at her event

James: True!! Well let me say you look amazing !!!

He says as he comes closer to me. I can smell the alcohol on his tongue from here.

Sara: Well thank you. I -

James: Sara, Has anyone ever told you how beautiful you are?

Sara: James. Stop. Thi-

James: Sara

he says as he gets even closer to my face. I can practically feel his warm breathe on my nose

James: I like you, A lot.

Before I can respond he leans in and tries to kiss me! I instantly push him off and step back.

Sara: James what the hell!! Being drunk doesn't give you an excuse to be stupid!!

James: Sara, Im sorry-

Sara: No. That doesn't cut it. What about Taylor?? have you just been leading her on for a month? She really likes you and you need to treat her with respect.

James: I know I know I just-

Sara: No James I don't want to hear it.

I storm away from the bar in so much enragement. What was he thinking? Was what he said true? Doesn't he know how messy that could have been? I go and mingle with people I know and try to ignore what happened for the rest of the night.

Sara: Taylor !!
I flag her down and wave at her to come near me

Taylor: Sara! Heyyy!!! You look so cute!

Sara: Omg you look so cute!!

Taylor: Im so glad you could make it

Sara: Are you kidding I would never miss my besties event!!

A voice in the distance calls " Taylor come here!"

Taylor : Shoot I have to go! ily!

I give her a hug and she goes off. I stay for another hour chatting with people and then head out.

When i go home I instantly lay in bed and stay up thinking about what happened with James. I am still not sure what to think. I eventually doze off and fall asleep.