23: Together In A Cave

Start from the beginning

"tch, whatever!" sanemi cuts in, gaining their attention as he walks up ahead, "we have a job to do, so get your head straight!" He angrily says to (y/n), the female trailing after him with the lower moons standing side-by-side with her.

rui looks at (y/n) confused, "nee-san, what exactly are we doing?" He asks while enmu glances at the female.

(y/n) looks at them, facing forward once again, "apparently there's a demon somewhere that's been kidnapping little kids. So it's up to me and sanemi to find and kill it before it strikes again." She explains, "so far we haven't found any traces of where he could be." She frowns.

surprisingly, it was enmu that spoke up, keeping his dazed expression, "it seems you and the slayer you were right. There is the presence of a demon nearby." He says, looking at (y/n). rui then nods, "the smell, it's coming from over there.." the spider demon points to the forest.

of course it's always the goddamn forest!!

Hearing that information, sanemi takes off into the trees with (y/n), enmu and rui following behind. As they ran, the smell of demon got worse. The little spider demon was helpful in following its trail which soon led them to a cavern. It was huge and it was at the base of a mountain. Great..

The pitch black darkness of the open mouth of the cave sent shivers down her spine the more she stares at it.

enmu chuckles slightly, looking into the mouth of the cave, "there is a definitely a demon here, along with the smell of blood." (y/n) casts a worried glance towards enmu and rui and sighs in relief to see them unfazed by the smell of metallic liquid. That proves they weren't planning to break their promise.

"let's go." sanemi demands as he steps in head first inside the cave. (y/n) made rui and enmu shrink before placing them back in the box for safety measures because she doesn't want to lose them in the dark. She hurriedly follows the wind hashira, stepping beside him.

As they enter the cave, there were two paths and sanemi followed the one where he saw the more claw marks and blood stains. The two faintly hear a squelching sound and halted when the saw the demon feasting on some poor kid. Their presence caught the attention of the monster as it turns to them and stands up.

(y/n) glares at the demon. Human blood was smeared all over its mouth and chin, dripping to its chest. She readied her hands and before she can freeze the demon's movements, sanemi wildly charged at it, making her gape, "sanemi!!!" She yells after him.

"stay back!! I can handle this! I'm the WIND HASHIRA!!" He yells out loud. But i can help you, idiot!! She thought in disbelief.

The demon was enraged as it bangs its big muscle hands agains the cavern, causing rocks to fall down. He charged at the wind hashira whom easily swiped its arms off with a psychopathic grin on his face. Sanemi wanted to torture it first, make him pay for killing that kid and destroying the family.

Unfortunately, the demon smelled a tasty scent and locks its gaze on (y/n), who tensed up, "oh no..." it charged straight for her but she used her powers to twist its arms and legs, making it land on the ground with a thud. The demon roared so loudly it caused both her and sanemi to clutch their ears, "ugh!! What is this?! A death throe??! this ain't attack on titan, bish!!!" She yells with furrowed brows, releasing her hands slowly.

sanemi wasted no time and sliced the demon's head off, cackling as it disappears. He sheathes his blade, about to say something when there was a rumbling from above them. Rocks began falling and (y/n) tries to use her powers to stop them from crushing them but whatever the demon did, his loud roar is causing the cave to collapse!!

"we need to get out of here or we'll be crushed!!" The foreign girl strains to say as she stops more rocks from falling on them but it was futile. She and sanemi hurries out but (y/n) accidentally tripped as one of the debris fell right in front of her, her box rolls further from her onto the other path, "shit!!!" She yells.