A Step Too Far (Volume 7 Chapter 7)

Start from the beginning

Apollo pinches the bridge of his nose and sighs.

Apollo: ... I'm well aware. And again, I'm sorry. 

Apollo glances away from Heath's gaze once again.

Heath: That won't solve anything if you keep apologizing and not tell me. You're only worrying me more.

Heath looks at his friend solemnly.

Heath: Then again... you're full of secrets. You hid your identity from Jaune and the others until-

Apollo: Until you told them? Without my consent?

Heath was taken aback at Apollo's sudden, strict tone.

Heath: Well I... I didn't know...

Apollo: I know you didn't, and again I've told you, I should've told them way earlier on. I'm not upset with you about it.

Heath: Then why do you sound upset? I'm sorry if I ticked you off, I just...

Apollo faces Heath blandly.

Heath: I'm... worried about you, man. We all are.

He continues to stare at Heath, but he eventually lets out a sigh and breaks eye contact.

Apollo: You don't have to worry about me. I'm not doing anything life-threatening. 

Heath sighs in relief.

Heath: That's good to know, at least. Finally, some information.

Apollo continues to look out through the glass window, the launch site slowly coming into view.

Apollo: Heath, there are reasons why I keep stuff hidden from you and the rest of the group. It's not that I don't trust you guys, because I do, I just don't think it's necessary.

Heath: Necessary? I think it's necessary, considering you keep us in the dark and ghost on us. 

Apollo: Okay, now you're trying to rile me up. 

He shakes his head, calming his emotions.

Apollo: Just... don't overthink about what I'm doing, please. It's not worth your time and effort.

Heath hums under his breath as he peers out the window.

Apollo: Let's focus on the mission. We're here.

On cue, the truck stops a ways away from the launch site. As the pair hops out of the truck, multiple Atlesian Knights are already seen carrying resources and materials toward the mine. Amity Tower was not in sight, presumably to avoid suspicion from anyone who spotted it.

Apollo: I take it that we're just meant to stand guard here for today?

Heath: I think so. It's my first time doing this, too.

Suddenly, the earpiece peaks. Apollo and Heath put their fingers up to their communicator.

Clover: Hey, this is Clover. I hope the two of you have been receiving my messages.