____________________

Sarim's family had come over to their house this weekend. Aqia and Tashfeen liked them so much that they accepted the proposal in just within a few meetings. While Unaiza didn't speak much in all this. Sarim seemed okay to her. He was a well-off, nice-looking, and civil guy. She just kept her whole focus on the present. The dreams that she saw were not going to be true. Hence it was better to start living in reality now. Or else she would fail miserably when the actual test would begin.

Her engagement with Sarim was in a few days. For the wedding, it was planned tentatively within three months.

She hoped she would be able to forget Huzaifa. She could rub off the love she had for him away from her heart for forever.

___________________

She looked at herself in the mirror. Today was the day of her engagement. As the beautician was doing their work on her face, she kept on sitting recklessly. When her makeover was done, she couldn't believe it was her once she stared at her reflection.

She was wearing a dark purple long maxi frock reaching her feet. It had intricate golden embroidery on its neck, arms, and border. While a net was attached below the cloth of the border. The dupatta was off the net; a mixture of pink and light purple which contrasted with her dress. The beautician had tied her hair in a high bun and placed the dupatta delicately over it. Her glasses which was a signature style of her was off her eyes too. Instead, she was set the lens in her eyes. With adequate makeup, she looked lovely. A delicate golden necklace, bangles, and nose pin completed her look. As she was quite tall, she didn't have to wear high heels; something which she was thankful for as she never liked those.

When Aqia saw her, she herself was in awe

"Masha Allah, you are looking so pretty, Iza. Every bad eye off," she murmured, kissing her forehead.

She wished for Unaiza's happiness to last long as she was that responsibility which was more important than anyone.

The engagement ceremony was planned in their garden. As the beautician was gone and the wait for the groom's family was occurring, Unaiza was alone in her room.

She took out her diary and opened a fresh, blank face.

"Dear Diary, we have been friends for decades now. I spent my childhood, teenage and adulthood with you. And you are someone I may miss a lot. Today that's the last writing of mine on this diary. I might write a new but this diary...this diary is filled with just him. A chapter I want to close. Someone I don't want to remember as I am going to become someone else's wife and he is already Inaya's. Winning Huzaifa is not something for a girl like me. That's for girls like Inaya who are beautiful, smart, intelligent, and bold.

While I...I might just be that stupid Glasses. Glasses which he called me. That nerd relative of his.

I love Huzaifa but now I think that's too crazy which I had been feeling for him for all those years. Could stars shine on a dazzling sunny day? No, it wasn't possible. Could a human catch stars? Impossible.

Huzaifa was like that unapproachable star for me which I could just wish to have. But I will never get it. But I kept dreaming about it. There was no risk of seeing that harml

She stopped writing when she saw Huzaifa coming. He smirked looking at her and walked in her direction. He was looking so handsome in a black suit. She quickly shut the diary and put it back in its usual place.

"Your groom has arrived," he informed her, with that signature smug on his lips.

She felt her heart sinking at this. She didn't need to hear this from Huzaifa's mouth, out of all people. If he would ever get to know that she was in love with him, he might laugh at her. But no. He really should never know about this. Or else she wouldn't be able to appear in front of him ever. It made her look like a clown.

"By the way. I came here to tell you that..." He looked around before lowering a bit down to her level. "I passed my audition. Out of one fifty participants, I was among those six people who got selected."

Unaiza's eyes widened. "Really?"

Huzaifa blinked his eyes in response. She genuinely felt happy for him. Everyone had a right to do what they loved. But then suddenly she remembered Huzaifa's father's disapproval for this. If he had passed that audition, means he could have a career in acting. How would Tashfeen would react to it?

"Then what's going to happen next?" She questioned.

Huzaifa shrugged his shoulders. "I got a modeling offer for a local clothing brand. I think so I can take a start from here. Modeling paves the way for sure."

Unaiza bit her lower lip. "But Huzaifa; what if Tashfeen Papa gets to know this?"

He twisted his mouth. "Because of him, I said yes to modeling first. He can't really figure it out for quite a long time. It will give me some time to create a platform to appease him."

She nodded. "You are right. I wish you the best of luck."

"Thank you, Iza. But your wish I need in the form of secrecy. Don't tell this to anyone yet." He raised a finger at her.

He even thought of her as someone so significant to share this detail with him was itself so overwhelming that it would still take ages to come out of its effect.

"Did I ever tell anyone about whatever you ask me not to? So of course not this as well," she uttered, truthfully.

"Yes, you are right. And yes you are looking good with these lenses," he told her before leaving the bed.

And she was all alone for bearing this arrow which had landed directly on her heart. It would take a lot of effort to forget it. She wished it was as easy as she was thinking.

____________________

Haider had come here too for her engagement along with his family. Ishmal looked lovely and happy for her. It was she and Hiba who had helped her walk towards the stage. Sarim was already there. When he saw her, he stood up. He was wearing a dark blue kurta pajama, contrasting her dark purple dress. He smiled a little as he pushed his hand in front of Unaiza.

She was dumbfounded at this. She lifted her eyes at Sarim. That smile he had on his lips wasn't genuine. It seemed off. She wasn't a girl so keen on having a physical display of affection. And Sarim wasn't even her husband yet. Letting him touch her would be so wrong on many levels. Unaiza gazed at Aqia and that stressed look on her face made Aqia understand her turmoil.

What she should do now?

________________________

AssalamoAlaikum/ Hi guys!

How are you?

So here is a new chapter.

Unaiza is getting married.

Were you expecting?

Huzaifa passed the audition. What do you think will happen when his father will know about this?

Do you think he should do all this by keeping his parents in ignorance?

And topmost, should Unaiza really keep his secret?

Sarim might be the kind of guy who wants attention from his girl before the marriage. What do you think will happen now?

If you like this chapter, plz vote and comment. ✨❤