Chapter 26__Breakdown

Abdul Razzaq's POV-

It has been 2 weeks since the terrible accident of Kulsum's parents' death and things are quite disturbing.

Ever since that panic attack she had, she's been a statue. She neither speaks to anyone nor eats.

Wallahi, she doesn't even smile anymore and her condition is getting worse day by day.

She doesn't speak to anyone nor responds much if any of us talks to her.

We called the doctor as well and he said that she's confiding in a deep trauma.

She stopped smiling or being cheerful and lively as she used to be, hardly talks or speaks. But she doesn't cry as well.

She's just cold and emotionless and it's breaking every piece of me apart.

I just finished praying my Tahajjud salah (extra salah) as I sat down on my prayer mat.

I spared a glance at Kulsum who was sleeping cozily, I slightly smiled.....atleast she's sleeping peacefully.

It has been ages since she had slept in a deep slumber.

I cupped my hands in front of me as I prayed for her well being.

'Oh Allah please heal her, I can't see her like this. Please bring back my sweet, loving, cheerful wife who loves to talk and smiled constantly.

I had never ever felt like this in my entire life. All my life I chased after inner peace but couldn't find it in except her.

I hate seeing her like this and what makes me even more furious is that I can't do anything about it.

Oh Allah, Ya Rahman (the most compassionate) Ya Raheem ( the most merciful) Ya Salaam ( The giver of peace) Ya Muhaymin ( The protector).......please grant her peace and closure.

Only you know what she's been going through, please put her heart at ease.

Taking and giving life is only up to you. If it were any other thing that caused her this pain, I'd wipe out their existence.

But it's the matter of life and death, and I can't do anything except pray.....

I don't know why I'm feeling so uneasy and restless. If it were my any other family members, I don't think it would've bothered me this much.

Please, bring my loving wife back to me.....I'm desperate, I can't see her like this and I'll go beyond any limits in attempt to make her smile once more.

Please drop all her problems and grieves on me, kill me for all I care but please don't let her go through this.

I don't know what I'd do without her, please heal her and take away all her sorrows. What happened to her is the most dreadful thing imaginable, but what you do is indeed what's best for us.

Inna Lilla hi wa inna ilayhi rajioon. (Indeed we are sent by Allah and we'll return back to him)

I can't thank you enough for blessing me with the most wonderful person. She's not just a loving wife, but also an amazing and noble woman.

I can't imagine my life without her, and if she stays like this.....anauzubillah (god forbid) she'll die.

And I don't know what I'll do if she leaves me. You know very well of my condition indeed better than anyone.

I cannot bear parting with someone I love. That's why I was so afraid of forming any kind of attachment with her.

I was afraid she'd leave me one way or another. But now she needs you more than anyone.