Chapter 7__Contract

Abdul Razzaq's POV-

The media grew wild as they took pictures of us blinding by the camera light.
I quickly took Kulsum's hand and stormed off to my car.

I signalled my parents to call off the reception as everything was over anyways.

As we seated in the car I was fuming with anger.
Seeing the sight of Emir with Kulsum made my blood boil.
He already shattered my family once, I'm not giving him the chance to ruin everything again!

But she won't stay away from him. I was so close to punch Emir in the face for touching her but I restrained myself as I didn't wanted to cause a scene.

"What the heck was that?" Kulsum asked, her voice raised and her eyes widened.
"What?" I asked bluntly.
" You pushed Emir, caused a scene and then...." she hesitated.
"And then what?" I cocked a brow.
" kissed my hand. " she gulped looking away.

"Emir has no right to touch you no matter what happened. " I just fixed my gaze on the road.
"As if you have a right to touch me! You can't just grab my hand and...." she scoffed.
"And?...." I raised my eyebrows.
"And just kiss it without my permission!" She exclaimed.

"First off yes I shouldn't have but that doesn't mean I can't. Yes we're getting a divorce after 7 months and we promised to stay out of each other's affairs but we are still married. " I finally faced her.

I could sense  that she's surprised as her big hazel eyes met mine causing my heart to beat faster.
She looked absolutely beautiful in that traditional Turkish gown she was wearing and her hijab enhanced her beauty.

"Whatever." She gulped and looked away. I smirked and drove us home.
.

.

.

She just exited the bathroom changed into long over sized shirt and trousers with her hijab still on.
I was on the couch dealing with my own work.

Kulsum's POV-

I reached for the bed as he walked up to me with a paper in his hand.
"What's this?" I narrowed my eyebrows.
"A contract." He met my gaze.
"Of what?" I took the paper in my hand.

"Of our agreement. As I proposed earlier that we'd continue our marriage till 7 months and after that we'll get a divorce and go on our separate ways. Although I'll help you financially. " he recited bluntly.

"Oh and until we get divorce we have to pretend like a love sick couple in public as people will suspect if we don't. That's the reason I kissed your hand earlier as the media was around." He explained.

I took it and went through it once before singing it.
"Oh and this also means that I can do whatever I want even when we're still married right?" I looked him in the eye.
"Yes as long as it doesn't harm my reputation. " he said blankly.

"Wait so you're actually okay with me working?" I asked surprisingly.

"Yes, although I wouldn't recommend it as you don't need to because we're wealthy but if you still want to work as following your passion you can go for it." He said genuinely.

I was almost taken aback. I thought he was going to refuse. And I was ready to fight him for it but surprisingly he agreed.

I felt bumped and selfish how I thought of it and him.

"So is it because you don't wanna meddle in my business or you think I can actually do it?" I gulped.
He clenched his jaw as his eyes glittered.

"Look it's all culture that stops us. You can work if you want within shariah with your hijab. Islam doesn't stop you from doing these things. Culture does." He said so pleasingly.